Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

PIAA 1100x fog lights installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PIAA 1100x fog lights installed

I got a set of the PIAA 1100x fog lamps for Christmas and installed them on my '00 SS. They look great. They fit perfectly with the stock mount. They actually fill the fog lamp hole more than the stock lamp.

The only modification you have to make is to the bracket. Since the PIAAs use a different mount, you have to cut off the bracket that holds in the stock lamp along the 2 "prongs". I used a dremel and a grinding wheel since I broke all of my cut-off wheels. Then splice into the stock wiring, solder/tape, and mount it. There is no need to use the PIAA wiring kit since the stock wiring already uses a relay to power the stock lamps.

I'll try to get some pics later this week when the weather clears up around here. From what I can tell, the light is brighter (they are 55w but have the output of 85w because of the reflector) and have a blue tint to them. It's not a cheap looking blue. It matches the Slyvania Silverstar bulbs.

For the cost, they are a quailty upgrade. I didn't want to put the cheap Pilot or Blazer lights on my car, so I went with PIAA. If you search the web, you can find them for $150 shipped. Sure they are expensive, but the also are a quality piece.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would love to see some pics of this, maybe a picture of the install too. Ive wanted silverstars for a long time, but I want fog lights that match..... please hook us up with the pics..Thanx
Old 01-06-2005, 11:15 PM
TECH Regular

No pics of the install. I like to get projects done, so I don't take time to shoot photos.

They are bright. I still need to get them aimed. When I turn them on, the interior lights dim for a split second, so I know they are powerful. I don't recall the stock fog lamps doing that when I turned them on.

These fog lights don't match the stock ones. I was looking for some that did, but couldn't find any that were quality. Honestly, they look great. I was hesitant about the PIAAs having a chrome housing, but it actually looks great. I'll try to get some pics when all of my projects are done.

Actually, they aren't fog lights, they are driving lights.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Nice looking light. Intrested in seeing what it looks like on a Camaro
Old 01-07-2005, 03:08 AM
TECH Regular

Okay, I'll get some pics later on today. You guys are twisting my arm.
Old 01-07-2005, 12:45 PM
Staging Lane

I also have these installed.Pics are at the bottom of this page
www.cardomain.com/id/hawaiianswiss

Quick Reply: PIAA 1100x fog lights installed