Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

LED's for a TA?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2005, 06:53 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED's for a TA?

Where can i find a good web site to do LED lites on my TA. I want to do the front and back?? any help would be great. especially for the fog lights, or would it be better to change the whole housing of the foglights and flip lights? its going to be for mostly night driving brighter with a little blue or like the Lexus cars? where can i find these. fyi: i hit a deer a while back and i dont want it to happen again..thanks guys
Old 01-06-2005, 07:58 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Current LEDs that you find on the market are not bright enough for fog lights. There are some experimental units though that use focusing prizms/lenses. The Cadillac 16 concept car had LED headlights. They used prizims in front of the LEDs.

BTW, If you replace the turn signals & taillights with LEDs, you will have to replace the stock thermal flashers (2) with Trident EL-12 electronic flashers.

From what I have read (here on LS1Tech and elsewhere), APC LED bulbs are cheaply made and break easily. Also (from what I have read) Jam Strait seems to make good units but a bit expensive. Here is their site: http://www.jamstrait.com/. LEDs produce a much more focused light. For example, they wont fill the whole taillight. You'll get a "hot spot" in the middle and not much light to the sides. That is why some people on here are toying around with making custom taillights that are baically LED panels. There was a guy on here that actually made them for a Camaro. Here is a link to that: https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...ght=camaro+led.

This is just some information. Do a search for LED and you'll find plenty more info.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Launching!

hey, thanks for that info. i hope someone comes out with a set for the TA's, i want them. i will check out the web sight that u went ahead and listed. let me know if u find out anything else. thanks again.......
Old 01-12-2005, 01:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

When I did the clear side markers, I went with LED's from superbrightleds.com. As mentioned above, the LED's do create one spot. When I turn on the parking lights, at night, the LED's light up most of the side markers, but in the day, All you see is a bright spot light up rather than the whole lens. They are nice and bright and look very nice. They give off a nice color, and actually, when I switched the front markers to LED's, they match the DRL color much nicer. Both are the same shade of amber now. I went with the four bulb LED's, if I did it different, I would have gotten the five LED's bulbs, four being radially mounted, and one in the center. http://www.superbrightleds.com/1157.htm
Old 01-12-2005, 07:55 AM
TECH Addict

Sent you a PM with info...

-Jay-

Quick Reply: LED's for a TA?