Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

3M Alternative to Menzerna - Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2005, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3M Alternative to Menzerna - Recommendations?

I was all set to buy Menzerna Intensive Polish & Menzerna Final Polish II, but I just found out my girlfriends' mom can get me any 3M products 1/2 price!!

Can someone give me the comparable 3M alternatives to the 2 Menzerna products listed above??

FYI - I have a LPM SS (I know that 3M makes different Perfect-It Swirl Mark removers for light/dark)

Thanks for the help!!
-Andy
Old 01-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Customizing Director

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

-3M Rubbing compound works really good with the PC. If you have a lot of swirls go with the 'dark' colored cars version. If they aren't as bad, but still fairly noticable go with the 'light' version.
-Not sure what version you would use for a polish, but I like to use meguiars #9. And then you'll finally need a wax...
Old 01-13-2005, 01:39 PM
TECH Junkie

I have a buddy who wet sanded his entire Buick Grand National, then polished it with a rotary buffer and 3M Finesse-It II Machine Polish. Car looks better than it did in 1987, though he used to work at a body shop, so he knows what he's doing. www.properautocare.com sells 3M products, so that should give you some idea of what's available. If you can get the stuff cheap, give it a shot and see what happens.

-Mike
Old 01-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
I have a buddy who wet sanded his entire Buick Grand National, then polished it with a rotary buffer and 3M Finesse-It II Machine Polish. Car looks better than it did in 1987, though he used to work at a body shop, so he knows what he's doing. www.properautocare.com sells 3M products, so that should give you some idea of what's available. If you can get the stuff cheap, give it a shot and see what happens.

-Mike
I checked on there & they had some excellent info (thanks!)....I guess to refine my question a little more, I would want the 3M products that have a similar "agressiveness" to the Men. IP & FP. Something like:

Men IP ~= 3M ....
Men FP ~= 3M ....

TIA
-Andy

Quick Reply: 3M Alternative to Menzerna - Recommendations?