Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

help wiring and taking apart twin halo projector headlights

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 02:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help wiring and taking apart twin halo projector headlights

hello. i just bought twin halo projector headlights for a 2001 Tahoe from ebay.

i need help with 2 parts.

1) Wiring: the halo part has red wire and white wire. where should i connect those.

the corner light has a green wire with a yellow stripe and a black solid wire....where should those go?

2) Taking the lense apart.

i heard that these are not bright and they only hold H3 bulbs. i want to modify the lamp so that it will hold my 9005 bulb / plus i love the color of my bulb.

while i was looking at how i can change the bulb i saw that there is a piece of plastic mounted inside the chamber of the projector lense part, this piece covers half light bulb from shining through the lense. i want to remove that, but in order to do that i have to take the whole headlight apart.

can anyone tell me how to take it apart without breaking it.

i heard you can bake it but i am not too thrilled about that idea. any others?

also once it is done what should i use to seal it back up?

thanks guys.
Old 10-31-2008, 07:20 PM
Teching In

I also need HELP with these head lights. The directions that came with the Headlights have been photo copied so much that it's just black squares where the pictures and writing was. I'll post pics of the 8 wires behind the Headlights. Hopefully they will help somebody help me. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails help wiring and taking apart twin halo projector headlights-1031081721a.jpg   help wiring and taking apart twin halo projector headlights-1031081724b.jpg   help wiring and taking apart twin halo projector headlights-1031081723a.jpg   help wiring and taking apart twin halo projector headlights-1031081724a.jpg  

Last edited by nickp650ss; 11-01-2008 at 12:49 AM.
Old 11-01-2008, 12:49 AM
Teching In

Hopefully those will help. If you can tell from the pics that there is two rubber caps with a red and black and the other blue and black. These are the low and high beams. They just plug right in. Now for my problem the Black and White wires 3 black and 3 whites coming from the middle of the headlight and 1 black and 1 white wire coming from the side of the head light seen in the last picture.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would think you'll segregate the blacks from the whites.then wire all the blacks together then all the whites then tap into the drls and there you go,but im sure someone knows the right way

Quick Reply: help wiring and taking apart twin halo projector headlights