Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Anyone wanting to know what Clear corners, stull and painted headlights look like.

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 12:11 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone wanting to know what Clear corners, stull and painted headlights look like.

Heres my 2001 Z, shitty camera but you get the idea. I know how hard it is to find Black Z's on here with much done to them, so if anyones looking heres one. Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone wanting to know what Clear corners, stull and painted headlights look like.-camaro000.jpg   Anyone wanting to know what Clear corners, stull and painted headlights look like.-camaro001.jpg   Anyone wanting to know what Clear corners, stull and painted headlights look like.-camaro002.jpg   Anyone wanting to know what Clear corners, stull and painted headlights look like.-camaro003.jpg   Anyone wanting to know what Clear corners, stull and painted headlights look like.-camaro005.jpg  

Old 03-07-2005, 12:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

nice! how hard or how much of a PIA was painting those headlights?? I was thinking of doing that as well
Old 03-07-2005, 01:16 PM
TECH Regular

Cool. Besides the stull, we are clones. Looks like you also had the same idea I had for color scheme. I like how you accented the interior pieces. I've wanted to do that for a while. Just didn't know what kind of paint to use. Wanna shed some light and let me in on what kind of paint you used?

Justin
Old 03-07-2005, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Are there any pictures of what that same setup would look like on a white car? That's what I'm trying to do, but unsure about the headlights yet. Looks damn good on black.
Old 03-07-2005, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks nice, painting the headlights is a great mod. it changed the look of the front of my car entirely. are those clear corners or the smoked ones?
Old 03-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks guys. The headlights werent bad at all to be honest. I just put em in the oven like it said on 200 degrees and used a butter knife to seperate them and painted them with high temp semi gloss black paint. The hardest part was probably squeezing the RTV sealant out of the damn tube to seal them back up.

The corners are the diamond clears. Got them on Ebay shipped for $38. Never had any leaks to far as washing and rain etc..

The inside was pretty simple. I went to Advanced Auto and got 1 can of spray Filler primer, 1 can of clear, 1 can of silver paint, (Be careful on the color. Get something a shade darker then you want cause some is really bright) Scotch Bright, and some laqour thinner.

1. Wash all the parts in dawn dish liquid to get all contaminants off.
2. Scuff parts well with Scotch Bright pad.
3. Blow parts off and go over VERY VERY lightly with the thinner cause it will melt the plastic if given a chance. ( It's mainly to make sure its clean.
4. Spray coats of the filler primer as you would spray paint ( Allowing it to dry between coats) until it is nice and smooth looking. After this part you can take it upon yourself to wetsand a bit and clean but I just kinda scuffed it up again with the Scotch Bright pad.

5. I did the painting in the heat of day on the driveway and it dryed really fast and came out very nice looking......Use the whole can of spary paint coat by coat till it is gone, beleive me you will need it. After that use the whole can of clear coat to make her shine

That's pretty much all I did with the inside painting and to me it turned out looking like it come from factory that way. The paint was just some regular ole spray paint from what I remmember, nothing special. Ive had a few people ask me if it come from factory that way and I just smile cause thats what I was shooting for.

Note: When putting the handle part back in always remmember which buttons are which because my window switch is now my door locks and my door locks work my windows. Pretty funny to see people mess with that so I left it alone Good Luck!
AND POST PICS!

Quick Reply: Anyone wanting to know what Clear corners, stull and painted headlights look like.