Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Ebony with red trim custom interior

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005, 12:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebony with red trim custom interior

Back in the 80s I owned a Trans Am that had black seats with red inserts. it looked really sharp. I'm thinking of doing something like that with the ebony leather interior in my arctic white Hawk. I'd like to have the perforated areas of the seats along with the perforated areas of the door panels died/converted to red. My questions are...

Would this look alright or would it be too 80s?
Can someone maybe photshop something to give me an idea of what the end result would be?
Do you think this would cost +/- 1K bucks
I think only the perforated areas of the seat are actually leather. The door panels and rest of the seats are vinyl. Is this correct?

Thanks all.
Old 03-10-2005, 12:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think the door panels would be too much. I'm going to do it on my car but with out doing the door panels
Old 03-10-2005, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've done a lot of red and black accenting in my car, and I love the way it looks. If you like it, go for it!

Old 03-10-2005, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

man, i'm sorry, but painting and dying all the removable pieces of your car is just

i think the inserts in the seats could look nice as long as you dont go overboard and do every little piece you can take out and paint. i think the red could look ok with ebony, as long as you didnt do a really bright red. a maroon color could like pretty nice, especially if you had a firehawk emblem/logo/writing stiched into the headrest in the same color with a white accent or something. not sure about the price though
Old 03-10-2005, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by abadss
man, i'm sorry, but painting and dying all the removable pieces of your car is just

i think the inserts in the seats could look nice as long as you dont go overboard and do every little piece you can take out and paint. i think the red could look ok with ebony, as long as you didnt do a really bright red. a maroon color could like pretty nice, especially if you had a firehawk emblem/logo/writing stiched into the headrest in the same color with a white accent or something. not sure about the price though
Old 03-10-2005, 02:16 PM
On The Tree

Hey, it's his car and he likes it. Thats good enough for me.

- M i K e
Old 03-10-2005, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

I'm not wanting to do the console and vents. Just the seat inserts and perhaps the perforated portion of the pleather in the door. Just something to add some tasteful color to the interior. Anyone have any other pictures.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

The grey interior was way too plain for me, I had to paint it black. Also, it looks great with it being clearcoated. Now I don't have to worry about using armorall or products that ruin your dash, 'cause my interior's always shiny.
Old 03-10-2005, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meissenation
I've done a lot of red and black accenting in my car, and I love the way it looks. If you like it, go for it!

Did you get seat covers for the seats or did you paint the sections on the seats, I kinda want to get a little bit of red in mine, but new leather covers for the seats would just be too much for me right now.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:07 PM
12 Second Club

I was thinking about getting an all white interior when I get my Formula next year(after all th engine mods of course). I'm going to paint it a bright silver how do you think it would look. Also great stuff in the car.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:20 AM
TECH Resident

Go to autoleathers dot com. You can check out the pics of my ride to see a possible pattern, but my colors arent' what you would want (ebony/orange). I bought in a GP a while back, but without the special pricing, I think it would be ~1K.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm wanting to add a little red to my ebony interior but nothing too drastic. I was thinking about having the stiching in the seats and shift boot re-done with red thread.

If anyone has any pics of how this looks I would love to see them.
Old 03-11-2005, 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1FASTZ28
Did you get seat covers for the seats or did you paint the sections on the seats, I kinda want to get a little bit of red in mine, but new leather covers for the seats would just be too much for me right now.
They're "leather-like" seat covers from IGEE Seat Covers on E-Bay. For just the front seats, with shipping I think mine were 80-90, a pretty good deal. They look great, the back is a nylon material but it doesn't look cheap when it's on. The backseat covers are a lot more expensive, though.
Old 03-11-2005, 04:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

It can be done quite tastefully if you keep it simple. This is the interior in my SS.

http://store1.yimg.com/I/afterthough..._1830_36775493

Old 03-14-2005, 11:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark IXZD 150
It can be done quite tastefully if you keep it simple. This is the interior in my SS.

http://store1.yimg.com/I/afterthough..._1830_36775493

Now where did you get your covers from or is that just paint, I like how yours seats look and door panels too, That is what I want along with some white or silver overlays. How much did those seats run you
Old 03-14-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1FASTZ28
Now where did you get your covers from or is that just paint, I like how yours seats look and door panels too, That is what I want along with some white or silver overlays. How much did those seats run you
Paint? That would never last.

I removed the seats and brought them to an automotive upholstery shop. They replaced only the center sections with Corvette Torch Red leather and perforated and stitched it in the stock pattern to keep the factory look. What you see in my interior cost around $1400.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:07 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by meissenation

that is by far the most tasteless and tacky thing I've seen on here.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:46 PM
TECH Resident

Looks good. I think the red stitching would look really good. As far as doing the inserts, I'd probably go more subtle - grey in ebony - or something to that effect. Possibly suede.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Silver02TA
that is by far the most tasteless and tacky thing I've seen on here.
I think the door panels look OK, but any time you are painting vents it's :.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I planned on doing this soon by reappolstering my Sparcos in red and Black suede. I used to have the Camaro door panels in red as well, but I didn't like the design of them. I redid the doors as TA doors with red leather also, but it was also too much. So I went with black doors. When I reappolster the seats and ditch the red carpet (mistake) for black, I'll do the doors again in red suede. I think it will be just enough. Be warned though, if you like it great! But I get tons of rice comments because my seats are red, and people drool when they see my friends in black. Go figure, red=rice.

here's some pics
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...79388431vGGdgz

Quick Reply: Ebony with red trim custom interior