Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Rearview mirror removal for 01-02

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rearview mirror removal for 01-02

I have read on here that it is really difficult to remove the mirror lens from a 01-02 rear view mirror. I have also read that people have done it. If anyone has done it, could you please explain how and include pics if you get a chance. I am going to do the LED conversion but dont want to break my mirror doing it. Thanks in advance.
Old 03-12-2005, 09:28 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also want some LED in the mirror, so I ask my friend if he could make 5 hole in the mirror to 5 mm LED, but he say no!! He told me to do it my self!!
I try an other way with an old mirror, I use my dremmel and a polish wheel and I want to made a hole in the red/brown paint at the back of the mirror, and that was very easy, I made a 5 millimeter hole so I could look thru the mirror. I buy the LED and holder to them, I want to glue them on the back of the mirror. I start to take off the mirror from the car, and was looking at that plastic at the back of mirror, I was not thinking to take the mirror out of that plastic holder, I start to make a hole in the holder (very much job) so I could made the hole with the dremmel in the mirror, when I come thru and look at the back side of the mirror.....there was one mirror that way too. I just put all together and forget about that. Now I have 3 LED in the side of mirror, because the inspection here, they want we also have turnsignal on the car side.
But, of course you can made it if you want, just out with the mirror end let the glazier made a new with hole in for you.

Last edited by saturnus; 03-12-2005 at 09:46 AM.

Quick Reply: Rearview mirror removal for 01-02