Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

GM touch-up paint?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 04:15 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM touch-up paint?

Well it was bound to happen. My mother was backing out of the driveway and came a little too close to my car and scratched up the driver's quarter near the gas door. It doesn't look too bad, hopefully I can just buff it out.

If I can not buff the scratches out (probably won't be able to due to the sand/dirt on the car) where is the best place to get GM touch up paint? Mine you I have mystic teal paint and regular touch up would look like ***.

With that being said, what is the best way to apply the paint to make it look lie there was never a stratch there.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:39 PM
10 Second Club

Best matching touch up paint I have found for GMs is right from the dealer. They have a bunch of small bottles at the service desk. Usually between $6-8. I had to touch up a spot on my lower door, I filled the scratch with just enough paint to cover it (used a tooth pick), then I put a blob of clear coat on top and left it for acouple of days to dry, then wet sanded it just a touch to level it, and then used some 3M heavy cut compund and swirl remover by hand. I could have probrably leveled it with some 3M heavy cut instead of the sand paper.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

I got a small bottle of NBM mixed for free from a local dealer.

Quick Reply: GM touch-up paint?