Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Pics of Camaro with front grille removed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 08:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Pics of Camaro with front grille removed?

Deciding whether or not I wanna yank the front grille off, i've heard it looks good, but have never actually seen it close up or in person. Anyone have any nice closeup picks so I can see what the car looks like without it? Thanks for any help guys!
Old 03-21-2005, 09:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

check out my webshots page, the grill delete pic is near the bottom.

http://community.webshots.com/user/nharrison1121
Old 03-22-2005, 02:32 AM
On The Tree

Here ya go. I liked mine off and have kept it off for the past 2 years, I may put it back on since I have the high gloss black SS grille from SLP.
I just hate the holes under the stock grille. Well here are some pics....

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Deciding whether or not I wanna yank the front grille off, i've heard it looks good, but have never actually seen it close up or in person. Anyone have any nice closeup picks so I can see what the car looks like without it? Thanks for any help guys!
Old 03-22-2005, 06:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Thanks guys, those holes do kind of suck, but I like the look, so I think i'm gonna do it. You guys just used the yank method, right? How hard was it to get off, like how hard do you have to yank?
Old 03-22-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
Thanks guys, those holes do kind of suck, but I like the look, so I think i'm gonna do it. You guys just used the yank method, right? How hard was it to get off, like how hard do you have to yank?
Well I didnt just yank the whole thing off, that might F up something. I removed the bottom 3 bolts and slightly pulled the grille down and just cut the top 3 with a knife. (Cut the grille near the bolts.)
Old 03-22-2005, 06:00 PM
12 Second Club

I took my SS grille off and I like it much better, holes and all. I dind't just yank mine off cuz I didn't feel like messing anything up. I put some electrical tape on the end of a flathead screwdriver and worked out the pins slightly, then put some tape on the tips of needle nose pliers, pushed the pliers underneath the pinhead and worked them out of the hole.
Old 03-22-2005, 06:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

^ I used the same method. I was getting kinda scared when I started trying to yank that piece so I used some wire cutters and cut bit by bit. PITA is you ask me. But the yank method works from what I hear.

I also got some close up shots (i think..its been a while) on my cardomain page in sig if you need some more pics
Old 03-22-2005, 06:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks a lot guys for all the help, i'm pretty sure i'm gonna do it, I like the look! LS1Adam, there are no pics of it w/o the billet grille on ur site, you think you could find some and send 'em to me or post 'em here, would love to see it on a white car, so I know exactly what it'll look like, thanks!
Old 03-23-2005, 02:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

woops! guess i was wrong. i bet that looked like a shameless plug to get you to my cardomain page The pics were actually still uploaded in there I just took them off I guess...

Here are a few. I was almost positive I had more pics from a little further away so if I find those I'll post them up later for you. Oh..and dont mind the extra three small holes in there. I had to fill them in later. looong story
Attached Thumbnails Pics of Camaro with front grille removed?-1c.jpg   Pics of Camaro with front grille removed?-1b.jpg   Pics of Camaro with front grille removed?-1a.jpg  

Last edited by LS1Adam; 03-24-2005 at 03:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:42 AM
NKAWTG...N

silverghost's car, he filled it in though. looks killer IMHO
Old 03-23-2005, 05:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by LS1Adam
woops! guess i was wrong. i bet that looked like a shameless plug to get you to my cardomain page The pics were actually still uploaded in there I just took them off I guess...

Here are a few. I was almost positive I had more pics from a little further away so if I find those I'll post them up later for you. Oh..and dont mind the extra three small holes in there. I was trying something and had to fill them in later. looong story
Killer dude, that looks awesome!!!! I'm definately doin it, and when I eventually get around to painting the car, i'll fill in the holes!
Old 03-23-2005, 11:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

I agree it does look good on these cars no matter what color the car is. I drove it like that for a while before I installed my billet. You'll be happy! Looks pretty tough looking with it off
Old 03-24-2005, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sheesh, I didn't even realize with the grille off that it actually says CAMARO under there?
What did you guys use to fill in the holes? Don't suppose someone's devised another kind of RAM AIR with the grille gone? Is there a special bracket to re-install the License Plate just off the nose?
Old 03-24-2005, 05:34 AM
TECH Junkie

I took it off last night, just went out and pulled it off, came off real easy, barely had to tug!!! I didn't realize though that my front license plate that used to be on there (I came from new york) went all the way through to the nose, so I actually have three extra holes in the middle. It'll be nice when I eventually get the car painted and fill in those holes and make it smooth!
Old 03-24-2005, 06:00 AM
Staging Lane

Mine got stolen off my RS while I was in a movie theater ; I was pissed off at first but then decided it looked pretty damn good

Here is before and after......

Old 03-24-2005, 09:14 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my webshots....
Old 03-24-2005, 12:09 PM
TECH Regular

I ripped mine off only to find the three screw holes in the middle of "CAMARO" and lots of rub marks from the stock grill. But it still looks mean. I am also curious about a ram air mod for the two ducts and the underneath license plate bracket. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 03-24-2005, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

don't even bother unless you are going to fill in those holes that it leaves... how ghetto is that crap?
Old 03-24-2005, 01:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Silver02TA
don't even bother unless you are going to fill in those holes that it leaves... how ghetto is that crap?
Can you define "ghetto" please.
Old 03-24-2005, 06:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Silver02TA

I will fill them in eventually, but in the mean time I think it looks pimp , and made my car look more aggressive.

Quick Reply: Pics of Camaro with front grille removed?