Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Costs for Painting the whole Car??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 11:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Costs for Painting the whole Car??

My brother wrecked my 98 WS6. He hit a deer in December with it. The front end was damaged pretty severe on the drivers side front, but was fixable. I have fixed all the damage myself and have all the parts in place and am ready to have it painted. My question is I would like the entire car painted factory red, just so I have no paint mismatch. What were the prices you guys were quoted/paid to have the entire car painted? From dealer, from friends, from bodyshops? I don't want a Maaco job either, they did not do a good job on my old car I had. I want a factory looking job. Thank in advance.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:17 AM
TECH Regular

for a decent job at most body shops it will run you around 3 grand. if they were to just blend in the area in the front that was messed up it would probably be about half maybe less depending on the area.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its all in who you know. Had mine done for $720 total. Thats all the body work, sanding, painting , the clear coat & wet sanding & buffing. Even painted my mirrors, callipers, & my FRC's..
Old 03-30-2005, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 99PewterZ28
Its all in who you know. Had mine done for $720 total. Thats all the body work, sanding, painting , the clear coat & wet sanding & buffing. Even painted my mirrors, callipers, & my FRC's..
So can I know this person? Thats a great price. Anyone else?
Old 03-30-2005, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Considering the costs of paint probably ran $500 (if he used good paint), that's a pretty amazing deal.

Also, you can get it for 3k but that probably won't include the door jams and other hard-to-paint places. If you're getting it repainted, I'd go with a place that will take each piece off the car and paint it individually. You'll get a much better paint job. Also, since you're getting yours repainted from being in an accident, you'd be surprised what they might find bent or broken on the body panels that they probably wouldn't charge you to fix. To get the entire car repainted another color with them removing each bodypiece you're looking at 5k. If you're going to have the car repainted, why not get a unique color?
Old 03-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Razzak
If you're going to have the car repainted, why not get a unique color?
More $. I actually like the bright red color it is, well was. I just want a good paint job that looks just like the factory one. Not better, not worse.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98FormulaWS6
So can I know this person? Thats a great price. Anyone else?
Maybe, where are you located?
Old 03-30-2005, 04:11 PM
TECH Regular

you have to tell me who is crazy enough to do that kind of work for that kind of money. Paint and all supplies had to be at least 500 maybe even 600. Are you running a sweat shop in your backyard to get this kind of deal?
Old 03-30-2005, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by stryker14
you have to tell me who is crazy enough to do that kind of work for that kind of money. Paint and all supplies had to be at least 500 maybe even 600. Are you running a sweat shop in your backyard to get this kind of deal?
HAHAHA, no he's a good friend of mine. He works at a customizing shop so the paint & supplies didnt cost him near that much. He might had $200- $250 in all the supplies, If that. I didnt have the color changed, nor did my car need any body work. So there wasnt alot of labor involved. Most of the time went to making everything off.
Old 03-30-2005, 07:51 PM
Teching In

Maybe, where are you located?
In Kansas City, MO, nowhere close to anyone that has $720 paint jobs thats for sure. And Maaco doesn't count, the paint doesn't last the drive home. Thanks for all the responses, I am going tomorrow to have it estimated by 3-4 places.

Quick Reply: Costs for Painting the whole Car??