Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My smoked lenses

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 06:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default My smoked lenses

I know everyone has been buying the "smoked" lenses off of ebay. Well I bought a set last week & when I received them I noticed that they wasnt very "smoked". I just wanted to show everybody what a set of smoked clear corners look like with a couple coats of VHT nightshades. I can honestly say that now my smoked corners look smoked.

Old 03-30-2005, 11:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks sweet. I gotta get me some of these to complete the look. When you have the clearcorners and smoked lights, you still get an amber glow right? The actual bulb is amber? I don't want to lose the amber color for some white glow. Very nice job again!
Old 03-31-2005, 08:21 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Poik
Looks sweet. I gotta get me some of these to complete the look. When you have the clearcorners and smoked lights, you still get an amber glow right? The actual bulb is amber? I don't want to lose the amber color for some white glow. Very nice job again!
I have the bright white bulbs in mine. The bulb is blue but lights up white. I have considered trying the amber bulbs this go around so Ill let you know.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99PewterZ28
I have the bright white bulbs in mine. The bulb is blue but lights up white. I have considered trying the amber bulbs this go around so Ill let you know.
Hey man what kind of bulbs are you using? Ive been looking for some nice white corner bulbs.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:35 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Z28-CTYHNTR
Hey man what kind of bulbs are you using? Ive been looking for some nice white corner bulbs.
I think their APC. I hate to admit it but they were in the import section at advance autoparts.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks nice, did you just spray the VHT on the outside of them? guess thats the only way to do it. anyway, i bet they'll look great.

you can use the silverstar 3157 bulbs, they look clearish/chrome but light up amber so you stay legal w/o having that ugly amber bulb reflection in the lens.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm about to order a pair of smoked lenses... I'm gonna think about doing this cuz that looks good.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Z28-CTYHNTR
I haven't put my smoke clear corners in yet (just ordered a few days ago) but I ordered some of the LED's from http://www.autolumination.com/. Spent about $30 for all four bulbs, and they simply plug in (at least they are supposed to). Apparently, they also run cooler and are supposed to last for quite some time. The ones I bought are clear, but light up amber. I'll update when I get everything installed and give my $.02
Old 03-31-2005, 07:46 PM
Launching!

I got a full set of clear and NiteShaded 'em. Came with amber bulbs and red for the rear.

The amber comes thru pretty good. It actually shines more orange than amber.
ZeeVert

Quick Reply: My smoked lenses