Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

chupr0kabra

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default chupr0kabra

I've read through some of your detailing posts, and I gotta say that if you ever want to put it together and make a "How To" video, I'll buy one from you! Hell, if I had more time, I'd run the camera and burn it to dvd's for ya!

Thanks for the info - I'm hoping for a good weekend this weekend to really clean my car - got it at the end of Dec and haven't had hardly any good weekends to REALLY clean it.

Thanks again!
Old 03-31-2005, 10:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Holy crap, I'm famous!

In all honesty, I try to post stuff that has worked for me in my personal experience. I used to not take very good care of my paint, so when I started experimenting with the Porter Cable and various methods of cleaning and prepping, I found I had a lot to learn.

And I still do!

The PC FAQ started as a simple post, then I realized it had become out of hand, so I kept working on it for an hour or two and did it right. It's nothing new or revolutionary and the same information can be found on any number of sites (LS1Tech included), but I remembered how intimidated I was when I first bought mine. Putting it all in one post that I could keep referring people to just seemed like the right thing to do, and the mods were kind enough to make it a sticky. If I can help someone else become less intimidated and more aware of what they're doing, then that makes me feel pretty good.

I'm hoping the weather stays nice for a while too. I'd like to write another FAQ with some illusrtations (my digital camera is very crappy, as you might have noticed from any of my posts with pictures) on detailing. There are good write-ups on ProperAutoCare and Autopia, but I'd like to do one that is F-body specific, since our cars (like any) have their own unique sets of crevices and trouble spots (REAR LIGHTS, I'M LOOKING AT YOU!).

-Mike

Last edited by chupr0kabra; 04-01-2005 at 09:04 AM. Reason: I kan't spel!
Old 04-01-2005, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

rear light, sidemarkers, underneath the mirrors, that black windshield thing that always fades. the door jambs etc. Yup the Fbod is a pain in the *** to detail, but in the end its worth it.

Quick Reply: chupr0kabra