Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Beyond the Porter Cable

Old 04-03-2005, 09:34 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beyond the Porter Cable

While I am a big fan of the Porter Cable there are times when it is not enough tool for the job. ['69'] replied to a post I made awhile back about what to do when a P.C. is not going to get the job done. Well ['69'] I took your advice and tried the Hi-Temp paint levelers.

This hood looked like it had been washed with a scotch brite pad. I did a section with light cut and while much improved it was the Extreme cut that worked wonders. Notice the bike in the after photo? well it was there in the before photo.

['69'] I believe your name is Jay thanks for the advice.
Attached Thumbnails Beyond the Porter Cable-hood-before-2.jpg   Beyond the Porter Cable-hood-after-1.jpg  
Old 04-03-2005, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

looks good, glad i could help. PM me if you need anything else. also what would have worked badass is 3M PI III Rubbing Compound with a lake country orange pad. Although it is very gritty it breaks down very well with a rotory and may be able to clean up any more scratches if you have any. From there if you have any swirls go over it with a pc and some light or medium cut and your ready to go.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

The local body shop supply store carries 3-M product I will give that a try.

I also tried the Klasse products on my personal black car. Did the Menzerna Twins, followed by the Klasse twins and topped with PS21 Carbuna; turned out outstanding.

This is a hobby for me great release from the office, I appreciate you sharing your knowledge.
Old 04-03-2005, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

no problem!
Old 04-03-2005, 01:49 PM
10 Second Club

I've had pretty good luck with the 3M heavy cut and the PC with an Orange power pad. I've used it on my pickup to take out some pretty good scratches from off roading. I usaully just follow up with their swirl remover and alittle Zaino after. I really want to try the Menzerna/Zaino stack on the Camaro this spring.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

The difference in night and day. Looks great.
Old 04-03-2005, 02:27 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GM Muscle
I've had pretty good luck with the 3M heavy cut and the PC with an Orange power pad. I've used it on my pickup to take out some pretty good scratches from off roading. I usaully just follow up with their swirl remover and alittle Zaino after. I really want to try the Menzerna/Zaino stack on the Camaro this spring.
I can vouche for the Menzerna

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Beyond the Porter Cable