Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

rear bumper needs repainted how much???

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear bumper needs repainted how much???

i came out of a club this weeknd and found out someone backed into my car, they hit my rear bumper....no damage to the bumper, jus the paint, it cracked the paint and its been peeling a little bit now...my deductible is 1000.00...is it worth reporting to insurance?? how much will it cost me to repaint my bumper proffesionally done? its black 2001 Z28...thanks for any help...
Old 04-03-2005, 08:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lyndiedrew
i came out of a club this weeknd and found out someone backed into my car, they hit my rear bumper....no damage to the bumper, jus the paint, it cracked the paint and its been peeling a little bit now...my deductible is 1000.00...is it worth reporting to insurance?? how much will it cost me to repaint my bumper proffesionally done? its black 2001 Z28...thanks for any help...
First thing you should do is call your insurance company, not to report your bumper but to lower your deductible to $250 or at least $500. Your bumper, if its not dented or anything should be at the most $300. Black is one of the easiest colors to match. Don't leave the place until your are satisfied. Run your hands over the whole bumper make sure it feels consistant. I wouldn't get it painted anywhere unless they had a paintbooth, and weren't just painting it in a closed garage. A dealership my be your best bet, prob more expensive but when it comes to paint your get what you pay for. You want a $100 dollar maaco job then thats what you are gonna get.

-drv
Old 04-03-2005, 08:03 PM
TECH Regular

I had mine sanded down and repainted off the car for $200 - for a shop that you don't know, I wouldnt pay anymore than $300. So to answer your question, don't tell your insurance company