Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Removing Ground Effects....

Old 04-04-2005, 05:36 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Ground Effects....

I'm gonna do it! And I know this has been discussed, I have searched and read but my question is...once I get the GFX off how do I get those rivets and plates off? Do I just bang them with a hammer or does it require more than that? Anyone who has done it let me know please.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:40 PM
Launching!

i think they are help by double sided tapes. maybe some with screws but i dont know about the rivets. are you gonna sell the gfx? i will buy the front if you are going to sell them.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:54 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by iwantLS1
i think they are help by double sided tapes. maybe some with screws but i dont know about the rivets. are you gonna sell the gfx? i will buy the front if you are going to sell them.
Yah, they will go up for sale on ebay...I will run them in the parts for sale section first though so keep an eye out.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:55 PM
11 Second Club

each bracket (or plate) is held on by 2 rivets. Just take a drill and drill through the center of each rivet. It took me and my dad about an hour to do the whole car. Along the sides (under the doors) you may want to take some bondo and fill the holes since thats metal and water could get in there and rust from the inside out.
Old 04-04-2005, 06:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RaNsOm
each bracket (or plate) is held on by 2 rivets. Just take a drill and drill through the center of each rivet. It took me and my dad about an hour to do the whole car. Along the sides (under the doors) you may want to take some bondo and fill the holes since thats metal and water could get in there and rust from the inside out.
Are the holes noticable on the sides and around the rear? I plan on having a body shop fill and paint them but in the mean time a buddy of has a vinyl machine and I am going to run a strip of vinyl similar to hood stripes along the bottom over the holes.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:25 PM
TECH Regular

t]t]t

Search this Thread