Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best dash and interior products?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 03:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best dash and interior products?

Everyone always asks and posts about various waxes and polishes, but I was curious what people swear by for cleaning the interior. I have some Meguiars Leather Stuff I've been using, and I haven't had to use it yet on the new car but I've always liked the Prestone Interior Cleaner with the brush attachment. I also use those Pledge Grab-It cloths to dust the dash area. I'm mainly wondering what people use for a wet cleaner or polish for the plastic and vinyl. I've heard Armor All is bad news. I used to go over my thirdgen dashpads with Meguiars Endurance High Gloss tire stuff. A little greasy I guess if you touched them right away, but really restored the black and left a killer shine that actually reflected on the glass sometimes enough to be irritating. For this car I want to be sure that in addition to cleaning and making it shine nicely, that I'm also preserving it and aren't using anything that will cause cracks or fading over time. Thanks.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:29 AM
On The Tree

I can't speak for everyone, but I have used armor all on the inside since day one. I have owened the car 6 years and have 90,xxx mile on it and it still looks like the day it rolled of the line. I have used armor all on the last 5 cars I have owned and it has never cause cracks or fading. Just my .02
Old 04-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Chop-Foo Director

I use Meguiars NXT tech protectant on the interior. Spray it on, wipe it off, not too shiny, gives it a nice clean look.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use Mothers "the protector".. wipe it on and then buff it off. Leave a very low gloss sheen that looks like a new dash rather than a gooped up mess.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:21 AM
TECH Regular

i use 303 products for my interior and top.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

I use the Meguiar's Leather Wipes and than come back with a very lightly damp cloth. If not that than I use Black Magic Interior Protectant.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2002yroneformula
I use the Meguiar's Leather Wipes and than come back with a very lightly damp cloth. If not that than I use Black Magic Interior Protectant.
same here...
Old 04-05-2005, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Soap & water, and infrequently leather conditioner . ..
Old 04-05-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

I use Zaino Z-9 and Z-10 on my seats and dash.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use Lexol products.They have a spray for vinyl in a blue bottle that works great on the dash,door & interior panels.It makes it a little shiny but not to much so it looks new.also it is dry to the touch.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Lexol on my seats, turtle wax stuff on the interior becuase that's where i work
Old 04-05-2005, 09:43 PM
Staging Lane

For interior stuff, dash, interior panels, i use a blue spray bottle called Vinyl-X (sp). Its kinda shinny and actually has a small amount of vinyl in the solution. Works great!
Old 04-05-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

All of the listed products are off shelf low line products.
I use Extra Foamy(cleans anything), quick shoot(shiny),liquid silicon(engine dressing&wheels),Water/acid in small bottle to clean tar or aluminum parts.

The list goes on and on All are Pro detailer products.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:59 PM
Restricted User

The list goes on and on All are Pro detailer products.
That doesn't always make them better.

There's alot of stuff you can get off-the-shelf that is as good or sometimes even better than what the pros use. As a former detailer, I can tell you alot of the time it's not worth the money for the pro stuff.

But then alot of the off-the-shelf products are crap too. This whole thing about ArmorAll being bad is BS though. It's not the best product out there, but it definetly doesn't hurt anything, unless you don't like the look or feel of it.

I'm using that Meguiars two-step leather stuff currently. It's as good as anything i've used thus far.
Old 04-08-2005, 02:15 AM
On The Tree

Armor all for plastics, lexol cleaner and conditioner for leather. Works well, although if you actually drive your car every day, your leather will eventually show wear (unless you're 50lbs).
Old 04-08-2005, 02:42 PM
12 Second Club

I use the meguiars leather wipes... for the leather. lol and the nxt interior spray for the rubber/vinyl/plastics (looks great) the meguiars is a little greasy but nothing i cant live with, cuz it looks amazing. gives that showcar look ya know? real real clean and glossy. and yeah armorall is garbage in my opinion. turned my tires brown and dried my dash out i in my old escalade. i use meguiars in the bird now, so far its great. i heard the hot spray or hot shine is great for the tires too.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:40 PM
Restricted User

...turned my tires brown...
I had to note this occurence because it's a funny story for me. I noticed on my car that my rear tires were starting to turn brown. I would only notice it though after i washed the car. For some reason, it never occurred to me why. But after a second opinion opened my eyes, I realized it was quite obvious. Tire detailing sprays, and anything that would leave a glossy, or wet look, would also collect dirt from the air. Once the stuff completely dried up, the dirt would be left on the tire. DUH. I felt really dumb.

Anyway, it's likely that it wasn't the Armor-All product's fault that your tires turned brown, it's more likely that it was just the fact that you had something on them that did it. As for the dash, more likely from heat than the product itself, but that's another story altogther.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:32 PM
12 Second Club

ah, for the tires. id say thats a pretty good assumption, the dirt and no the product specifically. but as for the dash. its a 5 year old truck, and never had the problem until about a month or so after the armor-all interior wipe was used. it looked great tho, lol :-P

altho i never rule out the possibility of coincidence.

Quick Reply: Best dash and interior products?