Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Killing knock sensor for washing LS1....

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 01:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Killing knock sensor for washing LS1....

Read a couple threads where people have said that water puddled under the intake and killed their knock sensors, wouldn't starting the motor till its hot evaporate the water under the intake...
Old 04-14-2005, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

It didnt on mine!! I know this issue from EXPERIENCE!!! I had this problem and it killed the front bank knock sensor. Had to replace it, so I ordered both and the new wire harness for them also. I was told the original hole covers on the old harnesses were crappy and the new style covers fit tighter to resist letting water into the sensor cups. They were right, the new one was a very tight fit and I also went around them with a suitable RTV silicone to ensure this did not happen again. Also the cups the sensors reside in are pretty deep so it would take a while of running and quite a bit of heat to evaporate the water in a timely matter. Hope this helps.

Rob
Old 04-14-2005, 06:43 PM
TECH Addict

Just be careful not to concentrate the water on any one point of the engine. I've found that letting the motor run for a couple of minutes after washing helps out.