Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

installing new fender questions!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2005, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default installing new fender questions!

about a month ago, i hit a deer with my near perfect Z-28. I ordered a new fender and it is painted too. i just got it, and was wondering if anyone knew where i could find some info to what all needs to come off to install my new one. my car is a factory RS. PLEASE HELP

thanks

Charlie
Old 04-14-2005, 10:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Start with the old one, there is a bolt behind the mirror, if you open the door its easy to get to that one. Then remove all the bolts under the hold holding the fender to the car. Then remove the black inner lining out of the fender well. Once thats gone there is another bolt about dead center of the fender, then take all the bolts out on the very bottom of the fender connecting it to all the plastic pieces. Remove the headlight then the is one bolt that faces the front of the car connecting the fender to the bumper, its just behind the parking light. Now there are three bolts holding the bumper to the fender, its hard to expain where there at but you should be able to see/feel them. Once all of these out you should be able to push the bottom half of the bumper down far enough so you can slid the front of the fender out. That is if you have all the bolts out. To install the new one just repeat these steps. You should see how everythings flow once you actually get to looking at it. The hardest part for me was getting the new fender to line up perfectly. Hope this help & I didnt leave anyhing out. If so someone please correct me. Good luck!
Old 04-17-2005, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey,i just recently had an accident and also have to replace a fender. i purchased one online(some guy off ebay where you send him the paint code and all that and hell match it up and send it out for real cheap) and it should get here in a couple days so anyways im also gonna try to install it myself as well, so im interested to know if you ran into any snags along the way and how long it took etc. thanks

Quick Reply: installing new fender questions!