Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Anyone ever use Meguiar's NXT wax?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005, 01:03 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone ever use Meguiar's NXT wax?

I used a clay bar and Meguiar's Nxt paste wax on my car today. I had some minor swirl marks on my car and it seems to have gotten rid of them. The clay bar makes the paint feel as smooth as glass. So I would reccomend Meguiar's NXT wax to other people...
http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguia...2711&store=meg

Last edited by Hot02SS; 04-21-2005 at 01:24 AM.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:20 AM
Launching!

NXT rocks! I use the liquid and love it.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:29 AM
TECH Veteran

I've used M's line for over 20 years on my daily drivers. It holds up well enough but I'm switching over to Zaino to see if it actually holds up longer. That has always been the downside to M's line and I've used nothing but their 'soft wash' - even NXT doesn't seem to hold up as long as I think it should.

So its a test though I'm still using Scratch X to get all the marks out between coats of Zaino. M's interior cleaner is still something I use, it isn't shiny and soapy like the nasty ArmorAll.

This will be an interesting test to see which line lasts longer and repells more road grime.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:33 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GEARHED
I've used M's line for over 20 years on my daily drivers. It holds up well enough but I'm switching over to Zaino to see if it actually holds up longer. That has always been the downside to M's line and I've used nothing but their 'soft wash' - even NXT doesn't seem to hold up as long as I think it should.

So its a test though I'm still using Scratch X to get all the marks out between coats of Zaino. M's interior cleaner is still something I use, it isn't shiny and soapy like the nasty ArmorAll.

This will be an interesting test to see which line lasts longer and repells more road grime.
Cool, be sure and post results. I would use Zaino, but it dosent sell in stores.
Old 04-21-2005, 01:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have 1 coat on my silver camaro and its actualy glossy looking for once LOL
Old 04-21-2005, 01:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Claybar and NXT definatly rocks
Old 04-21-2005, 10:40 AM

The durability of Zaino is better, but I still like the NXT better than Z.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

I just did a full coat (or two) of NXT. I've typically used Zaino, but I was working the paint up with compounds and then glaze and then the NXT.
It looks great, but the NXT like the Carnuba leaves a surface coat that will smear to the touch. The Zaino (Z2/ZFX) dries hard and slick as snot. The NXT seems to have hardened more after a few days...They're both good to great products.

I know the Zaino lasts a looooooong time. I used it on my wife's Suburban and when I washed it a year later the water just beaded off and ran away. I was impressed. My SS gets a coat every 4-5 weeks so it's hard to tell about longevity there
Old 04-21-2005, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

anything in meguiars line I use... I love NXT, but lately I've started using their Gold Class carnuba paste to top off the Klasse All-In-One paint protection system and Sealant Glaze.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:29 AM
On The Tree

I just used Meguiars NXT on my SS today on top of a coat of Gold Class. I am very happy with the results.
Old 04-23-2005, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

NXT is a cleaner wax, it removes whatever's under it.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use it and I love it!
Old 04-23-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

I love it but the only complaint I have is it doesnt seem to last very long. My car is a garage queen and is hardly ever parked outside. Yet the slick feeling seems to only last a month tops.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrandonSS
I love it but the only complaint I have is it doesnt seem to last very long. My car is a garage queen and is hardly ever parked outside. Yet the slick feeling seems to only last a month tops.
definitely agreed. It works great, and it really does leave such a great finish when it's brand new, but it doesn't last long. I try to wax my car every weekend, so it works fine with me
Old 04-23-2005, 10:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Two results that I can tell immediately:
Clay bar with NXT will last longer than you think for deep paint protection. The last time I stripped the truck then used the Meguires line with NXT was last summer - and the only really bad spots with the clay were the hood and top (most exposed). So NXT with your sub-primers *does* protect the paint for a long time!

Zaino: deeper shine with every coat, repels dust and pollen better than Meguires. Now how long it will hold up is something I won't know for sometime but probably the same as Meguires. With the drying additive it does seem to harden faster than Meguires - I used to let the truck sit for a full 24 hours or more after doing it from the clay up to let it cure. That hasn't been a factor with Zaino so far.

Still use ScratchX though, it really gets the marks out of the paint without damage. The steps so far:
dawn wash
clay bar
scratchX
dawn wash
z5
z6
z2
z5
z6
z2
z6

That has taken two days where Meguires I could strip and finish in about 5 hours tops, not including cure time.
Old 04-23-2005, 10:31 PM
12 Second Club

NXT Wax is Amazing

Gotta clay it to get it off and do it over haha
Scratch X swirl removal, ColorX Polish, and NXT Tech Wax-Winning combination for me
Old 04-24-2005, 09:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Hot02SS
I used a clay bar and Meguiar's Nxt paste wax on my car today. I had some minor swirl marks on my car and it seems to have gotten rid of them. The clay bar makes the paint feel as smooth as glass. So I would reccomend Meguiar's NXT wax to other people...
http://www.meguiars.com/store_meguia...2711&store=meg
I've been using NXT on my ride and love it. I claybar it and then apply the NXT liguid. I might try Klasse this next time.. my cousin has it and say's it's really good as well.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Hot02SS
Cool, be sure and post results. I would use Zaino, but it dosent sell in stores.
Yeah and the fact that they have a flat $9 shipping fee is pretty steep if you're buying something that isn't overly expensive.

Quick Reply: Anyone ever use Meguiar's NXT wax?