Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Very fine scratch removal?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Very fine scratch removal?

Ok i tried a few searches but didn't find exactly what i was looking for. Ok i have a black car so its pretty tough to keep looking perfect, but i want to try. Under almost 95% of conditions my paint looks near perfect, except on those days with really intense sunlight or whenever i am under a flourescent lighting. There are those very fine scratches in the clearcoat that i see on almost all vehicles except show only cars. My question, is there any good way to get rid of them or make them less noticeable under these certain lighting situations? THANKS.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:38 AM
Teching In

Try GM swirl removal polish...can get at any GM dealership. Try a small spot first.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

nxt meguires boost paints color removes swirls and towel marks just apply thin layer all around car then use a terry towel to wipe off bamm!! you got a very nice shine and no towel marks ,,,just make sure to do it in shade only you probly allready no that tho hahha
Old 04-23-2005, 05:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

The above ways will just bring them back. There is a great product out there for the common man with a black car-- Porter Cable 7424. It is a buffer that will make polishing/waxing a car 50X better, easier, and faster.

Click linky----> http://www.autopia-carcare.com/how-to.html

There are some great write ups there and also on this site by chub*(&^#(&$ (something like that) https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/263061-porter-cable-dual-action-polisher-faq.html

Also, the polish you use makes probably the single biggest difference. There are a lot of great brands...but the polish that people seem to reccommend the most is Manzerna.

Read the writeups on the two links, and look into the 7424...it is a little pricey, but if you plan on owning dark colored cars for a bit...it is a wise investment.

Good luck,

James
Old 04-23-2005, 05:35 PM
gwj
TECH Addict

Location: Live Oak, FL - in the woods where the creatures lurk.

3M swirl mark remover works well. Unfortunately I've had to use it numerous times. Used to be 3M had 2 formulas, one for light cars and one for dark, dunno 'bout now. I CAN tell you that the small and large bottles have different part numbers. Unfortunately I'm at work but if you need the numbers email me and I will look at my bottle Monday when I'm off.
Old 04-23-2005, 05:45 PM
Teching In

here is a great write up

http://www.bettercarcare.com/articles.php?articleId=27

worked great for me.

Quick Reply: Very fine scratch removal?