Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Front PLate

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Front PLate

I just got pulled over and got a fix it ticket for no front plate on my car, does anyone know if there is a bracket I can get that fill stay up when it is needed and fold down under the bumper when it is not? If so where could I get this and how much is it
Old 04-26-2005, 03:42 PM
TECH Junkie

someone might make one, i'm making my own, should have pic's in a week or so
Old 04-26-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I made one where the whole bracket/plate assemble comes off with 3 wingnuts under the bumper. I also shrank the plate down to as small as possible and modified a frame to fit. Sometimes it's on the car, sometimes it's off. I'm definitely thinking about how to hinge it and hide it.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:13 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your state requires you to have your tag mounted then mount it.
If you mess with the bracketry you will still get a ticket for improperly displayed tag.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:32 PM
TECH Resident

I bought my bracket for my thirdgen here.
http://www.tandaperformance.com/page3.html
They have the bracket you need too.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:34 PM
TECH Junkie

the one I'm building is hinged. I see no reasons why i would have a problem 30thanniv.

with my bracket it will hang right below the front of the nose. just has to be visable. basically i'm just dropping where the plate goes about 6 inches or so.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:54 PM
Launching!

A bunch of people here in Ohio with their plate mounted on the air dam. The law states must be visible from the front of the vehicle. I for one think the front plate looks like crap. I live in the corner of Ohio by IN and MI and neither of those states have the front plate... They look like crap if you go to car shows and I dont really see the need for them. Most cops see my rear plate not the front one

Old 04-26-2005, 05:57 PM
TECH Junkie

correct, and a lot of people get pulled over for having it on the air damn. my bracket brings the license plate forward infront of the air damn. so its right in line where it should be in the normal spot, only right underneath the air damn

it'll look like its just floating there when i'm done. plus i have it hooked up so with a push of a button it pulls up underneath

Originally Posted by y2kmaroonz
A bunch of people here in Ohio with their plate mounted on the air dam. The law states must be visible from the front of the vehicle. I for one think the front plate looks like crap. I live in the corner of Ohio by IN and MI and neither of those states have the front plate... They look like crap if you go to car shows and I dont really see the need for them. Most cops see my rear plate not the front one

Old 04-26-2005, 07:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MetallicaMatt
my bracket brings the license plate forward infront of the air damn. so its right in line where it should be in the normal spot, only right underneath the air damn

it'll look like its just floating there when i'm done. plus i have it hooked up so with a push of a button it pulls up underneath
That is exactly what I want to do, if you could post pics and possibly a write up when you are done on how to do this I would appreciate that, I want to keep my plate off but don't really need a ticket right now for that among other things
Old 04-26-2005, 07:36 PM
TECH Junkie

sure thing, i'll probably make it this weekend
Old 04-26-2005, 07:42 PM
12 Second Club

We have the tag mounted on the air dam. So far not much trouble over it. Of course he the law is visible from 2 and 50 feet as far as I know.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:26 AM
Staging Lane

The law here in TX is actuallu that the plate has to be on the frontmost part of the vehicle I believe
Old 04-27-2005, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

Just make sure that you check local laws. I know here in Florida we don't require front plates. But if the rear one has anything done to the bracketry so as to be considered improperly displayed then you can get a fix a ticket. What does impromperly displayed mean to you? me? the officer? the traffic magistrate?
In your particular case you may still get a ticket if the officer is not fully aware of the statue, and it may even stick if you fight it in court.
As a car guy I understand the desire to not have a front plate mounted on a vehicle.
But I can also see the devious uses for a device that would conceal the plate at the touch of a button. Just trying to give you guys a heads up is all.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Junkie

as far as the bracket, there should be no reason why i would get any crap from them

as for the push button...lets just hope they think they are seeing things if i drive by with no plate and then all of a sudden its there

i'll probably keep it showing while in town, hide it when parked or at a show
Old 04-27-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, I just want something I can put up when driving and down when I am at a show or parked. I found one online that will go up when you start the car and back down when you turn it off, but it was for a mustang and there were no pictures or list of what is needed to do it so I am not sure how to do this, I am hoping someone can help me out with this.
Old 04-27-2005, 04:23 PM
TECH Junkie

how much did they want for it? sure it can be easily adapted
Old 04-27-2005, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MetallicaMatt
how much did they want for it? sure it can be easily adapted
It was out of stock, that is the reason given for no picture and there was no price as well, shitty, they could at least keep info on it up.
Old 04-27-2005, 06:18 PM
On The Tree

if u had a pushbutton thing like this odds are, ud never get a ticket, cause youll see the cop from a distance, and you can just push the button, so whem he drives by, its on. this is such a good idea
Old 04-27-2005, 06:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Tiremarx723
if u had a pushbutton thing like this odds are, ud never get a ticket, cause youll see the cop from a distance, and you can just push the button, so whem he drives by, its on. this is such a good idea
exactly my thinking!! I'm glad I thought of it

I should have it made this weekend. I'd have it done this week but its been rainy all week
Old 04-27-2005, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

You mean you hope you see the cop, lets be realistic. I been blasted for speeding and had my eyes wide open looking for one.

Quick Reply: Front PLate