Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Guys w/ RK sports SS hood would you do it again?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 04:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guys w/ RK sports SS hood would you do it again?

Im looking into an SS hood and was wondering if you guys w/ the RK sport ss hood, would you guys do it again or should I spend the extra 1k for the oem ss hood hood? heres a pic of my Z...tired of the plain look upfront...

Old 04-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Launching!

Mine had some fitment problems. It looked damn good but i did not want to pay for them to hack up my new hood. So i sold it and bought a used OEM ss hood.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:07 AM
12 Second Club

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/305511-installing-aftermarket-hood.html

I bought a glasstech hood from Ebay. I paid $485 for the hood and $74 for shipping. The hood fits great and it has all the piping to be functional. I just have to buy a grill and cut an opening. Even though the hood needs a little adjusting still, it fits better than my stock hood and I only fooled with it for about 20 minutes. It is heavy like the stock SS hood though, so you don't get a lot of weight savings. Also, the fiberglass is a little rough underneath the hood. However, I have about 5 friends with aftermarket hoods and mine fits better than all of theirs. Good luck!