Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Camaro Headlight Blackout Problem

Old 05-02-2005, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Camaro Headlight Blackout Problem

I ordered the headlight blackouts from rksport.com, they came with no instructions and upon calling them they said, pop the old lense off new one on... but the new one has no tabs like the original, not to mention the original wont come off. The blackouts also have no rubber thing surrounding it like the factory lense does, or the tabs for the metal clips. Heres my question, how the heck do I get them on? Its obvious they wont pop over the stock ones cuz the stock ones have half inch protrusions coming off. Everyone says they just stick them on, but it doesnt appear that easy to me. I took the clips off of the stock lenses, but the lense wont come off no matter what i do... Any advise will help! Gotta get old ones off new ones on cuz those old ones are foggy and nasty! THANKS
Old 05-02-2005, 12:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had the rears on my old car and it should be the same thing. They should just go over your headlight. You dont need to remove the headlight at all. If they are anything like the rears, they should clip on right over the headlight. Place the covers over the headlight and push them on. You'll hear them snap into place. Make sure your hood is up while you do this and once you close it you shouldnt see the clips from the covers.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:15 PM
Launching!

... yeah go look at ur headlights and the half inch protrusions sticking off them... i have tail light blckouts ... the lense face isnt flat check it out it has prongs u cant just pop it over
Old 05-02-2005, 01:16 PM
Launching!

the only reason im trying to get them on is cuz my stock ones are about nasty as hell and the car is so pretty it looks horrible.... Im pondering cleaning them, but i cant even get the damn thing apart! i still wanna try the blackouts tho
Old 05-02-2005, 01:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

yea.. i know what your talking about that stick out. I figured they'd just pop right on like the rears. hmmm...

dunno what to tell you. sorry man
Old 05-02-2005, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

you do not have to seperate your headlights to put blackout on, that would be insane. i havent ever put them on a LS1, but i am sure people arent tearing thier lights in two and replacing the lens with the blackout piece. they just cover your existing lights. from my experience with them back in the late 90's (when they were still kinda cool) they fit like complete crap on my stang, i used velcro tabs to keep them from protruding out on the sides.

if you want your lights to look better, ie clean them up, and look darker. follow the instuctions on this link Clean up you lights
then you could paint them by following this set of instructions painting your lights looks 100x better than blackouts, plus you can see at night, wont get a ticket, and easier to keep clean. i love mine, changed the entire way the front of the car looks. i still have some polishing to do on mine though. hope this helps
Old 05-02-2005, 04:10 PM
Launching!

yeah camaro ones wont physically fit over the stock ones cuz of protrusions. i have been contemplating what your saying, I think your right YOUR CAR LOOKS JUST LIKE MINE!!! i got z06 18s on a blue one but mines a Z28 sweet lookin man u got good taste just slap a grille in there and ur good!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Camaro Headlight Blackout Problem