Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

TA's with 55% tint? Help, I need pics to see if its worth it

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 11:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question TA's with 55% tint? Help, I need pics to see if its worth it

Hi everyone. I need some pics of TA's with 55% tint on the side glass. I have 35%, but the man says no. I never thought 55 would be worth it

EDIT- I need 50% tint, not 55% pics please.

Last edited by psykoTA; 05-03-2005 at 03:25 AM.
Old 05-02-2005, 11:48 PM
TECH Resident

Who says no?! 35% is legal is almost every state. I have 5% and going with 35% on the front glass(illegal)
Old 05-02-2005, 11:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BrandonSS
Who says no?! 35% is legal is almost every state. I have 5% and going with 35% on the front glass(illegal)
VA-gayest thing ever
Old 05-02-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Resident

35% is legal in VA. I just did a search.

http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/

EDIT: or does that mean 43% only on front side windows.... if thats the case... yes.. GAY

EDIT again: to rub it in a little... although I DO feel bad for you... Indiana allows 30% tint on the front glass So I guess my 35% on the front windsheild isnt going to be illegal

Last edited by BrandonSS; 05-02-2005 at 11:57 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

C. Except as provided in § 46.2-1053, but notwithstanding the foregoing provisions of this section, no sun-shading or tinting film may be applied or affixed to any window of a Virginia-registered motor vehicle unless such motor vehicle is equipped with a mirror on each side of such motor vehicle, so located as to reflect to the driver of the vehicle a view of the highway for at least 200 feet to the rear of such vehicle, and the sun-shading or tinting film is applied or affixed in accordance with the following:

1. No sun-shading or tinting films may be applied or affixed to the rear side windows or rear window or windows of any Virginia-registered motor vehicle operated on the highways of this Commonwealth that reduces the total light transmittance of such window to less than thirty-five percent;

2. No sun-shading or tinting films may be applied or affixed to the front side windows of any Virginia-registered motor vehicle operated on the highways of this Commonwealth that reduces total light transmittance of such window to less than fifty percent;

3. No sun-shading or tinting films shall be applied or affixed to any window of a Virginia-registered motor vehicle that has a reflectance of light exceeding twenty percent;

4. Any person who operates a Virginia-registered motor vehicle on the highways of this Commonwealth with sun-shading or tinting films that has a total light transmittance less than that required by subdivisions 1 and 2 of this subsection or a reflectance of light exceeding twenty percent shall be guilty of a traffic infraction but shall not be awarded any demerit points by the Commissioner for the violation;
My bad, I need pics of 50% tint, please.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

I have limo tint in back and whatever is legal in TX on sides.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:10 AM
TECH Resident

You'll be hard pressed to find a picture of 55% tint... that would just be plain stupid to do. If your going to tint it and don't want to be bothered too much, just do 35%, that's even extremely light. I think my TA has 10-15% on it ( was tinted when I bought it ) and I haven't had a problem. My fiance has had 20% on her sunfire for about three years and not a problem, my intrepid had 5% on it for over a year but I removed it in fear of getting a ticket.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FelixIlka
You'll be hard pressed to find a picture of 55% tint... that would just be plain stupid to do. If your going to tint it and don't want to be bothered too much, just do 35%, that's even extremely light. I think my TA has 10-15% on it ( was tinted when I bought it ) and I haven't had a problem. My fiance has had 20% on her sunfire for about three years and not a problem, my intrepid had 5% on it for over a year but I removed it in fear of getting a ticket.
I have 35% on the sides, and 20% on the rear. I got pulled recenty by a bored friggin trooper. He was fartin along, going the opposite direction on a four lane hgihway, seperated by a large median, and to top it all of, I was going down a hill, technically below him. He turned around, followed for a while, sat behind me in traffic, then pulled me over. Asks for license, then walks immediately to the fron of the car and looks at my plate (clear cover over plate) Then says he pulled me for illegal tint. He was bored, and had nothing better to do Imagine that, a cop with nothing to do

I didnt go with 50% becasue it seemed not worth it, now I may need too, if I cant beat this ticket.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh, the tints been on for about 10 months or so.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:00 AM
On The Tree

i just put 50 on yesterday, looks sweet. not to dark and not to light perfect, looks really good! red 98 ws6
Old 05-03-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1POWER98
i just put 50 on yesterday, looks sweet. not to dark and not to light perfect, looks really good! red 98 ws6
Aw man, please post some pics
Old 05-03-2005, 02:49 PM
TECH Junkie

ditto!

i have 35% (just bought the car) but if i start getting tickets, i'm goina need 50%

STUPID OHIO
Old 05-03-2005, 03:29 PM
Launching!

5% all the way around and never even had any trouble with it in Kansas City.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gallitin
5% all the way around and never even had any trouble with it in Kansas City.
Thats cool, good luck for you, but it still doesnt help me at all
Old 05-03-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by psykoTA
Thats cool, good luck for you, but it still doesnt help me at all
All I can do is apologize and sympothize. I love in Bristol, TN...everytime I go get food or to the mall, etc. I cross into Bristo, VA. And they are nothing but ******** over there.....
Old 05-03-2005, 03:57 PM
Launching!

i also did 50% on my camaro and i like it. i dont get harrassed by cops in my area. i have a pic but i have a camaro. it's kinda hard to tell in the pic anyway because of the outside glare.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

If anyone could post pics of what 50% looks like at different angles, I would be immensely appreciative. A camaro would work just as well too.

This is not going to be cool going from 35 to 50 35 is sooo perfect.
Old 05-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Launching!

This one I took this past Sunday. I will try and get some different angle shots tommorow before I got to work. It's not a ggod angle for the tint because part of the reflection shows the wall and the fence above it.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by psykoTA
I have 35% on the sides, and 20% on the rear. I got pulled recenty by a bored friggin trooper. He was fartin along, going the opposite direction on a four lane hgihway, seperated by a large median, and to top it all of, I was going down a hill, technically below him. He turned around, followed for a while, sat behind me in traffic, then pulled me over. Asks for license, then walks immediately to the fron of the car and looks at my plate (clear cover over plate) Then says he pulled me for illegal tint. He was bored, and had nothing better to do Imagine that, a cop with nothing to do

I didnt go with 50% becasue it seemed not worth it, now I may need too, if I cant beat this ticket.
thats one reason i dont want tint, in order to pull you over they need (forgot the stupid word.. uh) and they can just pull you over anytime and say it was for tint and then look for other reasons to get you
Old 05-03-2005, 05:39 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 00firebird
thats one reason i dont want tint, in order to pull you over they need (forgot the stupid word.. uh) and they can just pull you over anytime and say it was for tint and then look for other reasons to get you
I believe its the other way around.. to my knowledge they couldn't pull you over for just tint..

Who cares, if you like 35%, just pay the damn fine and go on with it. If a cop gets behind you drop the windows, if it's cold turn on the heat, or pull into the closest place ( gas station, whatever ) and go in and like go pee or get something to drink/snack on, just get out of your car. Having tint is like having a fast car that you drive fast, you have to pay to play.

50% is worthless IMO, don't even bother tinting it if you are thinking of 50%, save your $$ for mods so you can get a speeding ticket next

Quick Reply: TA's with 55% tint? Help, I need pics to see if its worth it