Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cleaning Smoke/Weed Sell Out Of Leather?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 10:08 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning Smoke/Weed Sell Out Of Leather?

I don't smoke either of them but the kid who I got the car from did...yes I've told him he is an idiot on multiple occasions for doing it. Either way the smell is trapped in the seats, I got it out of the carpet fine but the leather is holding it well. I used MeGuiers leather cleaner but it didn't do anything (figured it wouldn't but I had some here so may as well clean them up) Does anyone have some ideas on what may take the smell out?
Old 05-04-2005, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it might be bong residue or equivlent. Just clean like you would any stain or spill it will eventually go away, just keep your car deodorized. Its not that hard some spray or even the autozone trees...!!! It will go away trust me, They sell to many deodorizers to mention, you'll be ok and lay off the people who choose to smoke a lil mary jane
Old 05-04-2005, 10:57 PM
Launching!

hard to imagine a bong being practical in an f-bod, but yeah - that's a stink that lingers if spilled! Advice? if it's a spill, use rubbing alcohol. If it's just a general 'clam-bake' odor, try some of that 'leather restorer' that you can get from the leather-goods stores.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

As much as I hate to admit it, Ive smoked in my car on a few occasions. Ive found that to get the smell out you just need to be thorough: Shampoo the carpet, clean the seats, clean every part of your dash and other interior plastics with cleanser and water, and then most importantly vacuum the headliner out, But be careful, its fragile. After all that you might also spray some Febreeze or other odor killer on it lightly.

Let it get alot of fresh air too, roll with the ttops off for awhile, the smell definitely fades after a while, whats hard is not getting the smell out, but getting the new car smell back into it.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2000Z28M6
lay off the people who choose to smoke a lil mary jane
:
Old 05-05-2005, 08:02 AM
11 Second Club

LOL! This thread made me laugh. (no im not high right now)
Old 05-05-2005, 08:20 AM
TECH Resident

Haha not ragging on you guys for smoking...but in the car, come on I've pulled all the seats and frebreezed the carpet twice letting it totally dry each time...put my face to it and smelled, no smoke smell so I know thats out from there. But when I smell the seats they stink I know some detailers use this thing thats like an air freshener grenade that's supposed to eleminate odors. I'll have to see if I can get one. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 05-05-2005, 08:47 AM
TECH Resident

i just used an air freshener...
Old 05-05-2005, 08:52 AM
TECH Resident

I always have a new air freshener in there...usually a new one a week. No one else really notices the smell of the smoke but I do. I'm extremely **** about my car.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
LOL! This thread made me laugh. (no im not high right now)
I think I just got the munchies too.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:35 AM
Teching In

Try the zanio leather cleaner and conditoner, also try plugging one of those ionic air cleaners in your car, i tried it once and left it in over night and all the smells from my car were gone.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

try this....http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog....1006&SKU=92316

Used it in my old work truck when I did lawns...had the smell of gas and exhaust in it all the time...took the smell out in a week.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

well, the offensive odor being in there is what made em smell that way. put something else in there that will eventually absorb into the seat. like the bomb or an air freshener
Old 05-05-2005, 05:22 PM
12 Second Club

Home Depot has a product from ZEP Smoke eliminator that actually eliminates the order not just masks it.

Spray the crap out of it the smell from Zep will be bad but will go away after a few days.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Simple green...scrub with soft brush. Wipe off with damp rag...use leather treatment (Mcquires should work-the foam) and everything should be fine. You can do the same with the headliner, just make sure the simple green is deluted and spot on a damp rag...blot up with dry rag...repeat as nessassary, then spray scotch guard ASAP.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Take some coffee grinds and put them in a small bowl over nite, when your not driving the car. When I bought my Silver SS at the dealer, someone had smoked in it and they told me that's the best way to kill the odor.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

best thing...i use it all the time...Meguiars Animal Scent Deodorizer Spray. Its a small bottle kinda yellow tinted. Works amazing spray alot of it on the carpet, trunk and everywhere pretty much except for dash and leather seats and let that bad boy sit with everything open(windows t-tops trunk) and then go riding baby!
Old 05-05-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Lt14mla
best thing...i use it all the time...Meguiars Animal Scent Deodorizer Spray. Its a small bottle kinda yellow tinted. Works amazing spray alot of it on the carpet, trunk and everywhere pretty much except for dash and leather seats and let that bad boy sit with everything open(windows t-tops trunk) and then go riding baby!
Febreeze took care of the carpets pretty well. Thanks for all the suggestions guys, keep'em coming.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Launching!

whenever I smoke in my car, I keep the windows cracked or completly rolled down. when I have to hotbox, I open both windows and air out the car really well. that seems to help alot. I also use macquires (sp?) leather seat conditioner. everytime I use that stuff, it gives my car the new car smell
Old 05-05-2005, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Clean it out really good, and then go and rent an Ozone Generator and let it run in there for a few hours. That should take care of it.

Quick Reply: Cleaning Smoke/Weed Sell Out Of Leather?