Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

How much would it cost to completely change the color of an f-body?

Old 06-09-2005, 04:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stryker14
So is that why everyone wants to be my best friend? Damn i thought i was just cool to hang out with
Bwhahaha, and you thought u had friends....

Nice paint btw. I like very much
Old 06-11-2005, 01:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If you sand the car down yourself and all that good stuff you could save a lot of money in labor, if I were you I would leave it the way it is or just paint the exterior and maybe some other areas.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

On my 01 SS it was alittle over $8,000
Everything now is painted even the complete engine bay. Got my 98 done for less then half of that
Old 06-15-2005, 09:17 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by KrazyDan
earl shieb will do it for $199. minus the disassemble. they will also paint your windows and exhaust tips for free.........
don't forget the tires and plates
Old 06-15-2005, 12:50 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stryker14
So is that why everyone wants to be my best friend? Damn i thought i was just cool to hang out with
Hey man- you need to come to one of our local events. I promise I don't want to be your friend because of your talent. (Itz cuz your girlfriends HOT ) j/k
Old 06-16-2005, 06:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default How much would it cost to completely change the color of an f-body?

At a GOOD shop, with the right paint, including jams, under the hood...WAY more then 3-4 grand....more like 6-8K.
When I ordered my 2002 ZL1, we had the option of any color we wanted. I personally perferred the Onyx Black so I did not change the color of my car. The option to have the car repainted was $7,900 as I remember. We could have any color we wanted (with the exception of something like Chrome Illusion, etc.). Many of the guys chose 1969 colors for theirs like Daytona Yellow, Hugger Orange, Fathom Green, Dusk Blue, Lemans Blue, etc. One guy even chose a 1965 Impala color called "Evening Orchid".

. . . . .too funny. . .

My color change was $8,000. . . . you get exactly what you pay for.
I agree with Andy and if you have ever seen his beautiful Electron Blue Berger SS, you would know why he says "you get exactly what you pay for".
Old 06-16-2005, 10:43 AM
TECH Regular

i did mine from teal to black, under $800 for materials......and i will not ever do it again, maaaaaajor!!!! pain in the a$$
Old 06-16-2005, 10:47 AM
TECH Resident

i went to the body shop the other day supposibly its the best paint booth in town..they said about 3500 for the whole car...i might get a few things repainted because the owners before didnt know how to maintain it at all...but now im going for performance
Old 06-16-2005, 10:44 PM
Launching!

All those who are saying to do the prep work yourself... Its a good suggestion but in reality its a not so good suggestion... There is a CORRECT way to prepping the car for paint... its not something u just try and soon enough get... My friend was doing his notch exactly how i thought it was to be done... but in fact, he was just ******* it up more. Just take it to a perfessional and let him do the work. If u live near chicago... I got a friend who has been doing painting FOREVER and he does MANY KICKASS paintjobs. PM me and ill get ya his info. He is fairly reasonable on his price too!

Goodluck on deciding what to do! If I were u, id do some rare and unique. I was always a sucker for the steel viper grey!

Goodluck!
Old 06-18-2005, 11:29 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by ABadMother1999
Goodluck on deciding what to do! If I were u, id do some rare and unique. I was always a sucker for the steel viper grey!
Goodluck!
Say no to Viper Steel Grey 1 in town is enough.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Resident

All those who are saying to do the prep work yourself... Its a good suggestion but in reality its a not so good suggestion... There is a CORRECT way to prepping the car for paint... its not something u just try and soon enough get...
90% of a good paint job is the prep. Anyone can spray paint, but if the prep wasn't done right, you'll have to redo it. If you know what you're doing, do the whole thing yourself, otherwise spend the green to get it done right.

BTW: IMO, Unless you've got a lot of mods already done to your car, or if you're making it a show car, I wouldn't recommend doing a color change to a stock color (especially one so common as black). It would be better to just trade the car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How much would it cost to completely change the color of an f-body?