Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Scratch on the windshield....

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 07:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Scratch on the windshield....

Hey guys, just today after I cleaned my car, I got in and noticed a scratch on my windshield, at first I thought it was water from my cleaning but unfortunally thats not the case. Its about 5 inches up and 3 inches over.. I have no clue how it got there, I didnt notice it at all yesterday. The only thing I could think of was cruising to school on the turnpike a truck was throwin rocks out of his truck. But I moved over quick and got by him. That was about a week ago. I think I woulda noticed it before hand.

So do I hafta replace the whole windshield or is there another way that it can be fixed?.. hook me up with any answers thx guys!
Old 07-17-2005, 09:10 PM
TECH Addict

if it isnt noticeable and if the scratch isnt crackin the windsheild and growing larger than you should be fine, i have a scratch on my windsheild by the passenger side windshield wiper arm and hasnt caused any problems.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Addict

if it isnt noticeable and if the scratch isnt crackin the windsheild and growing larger than you should be fine, i have a scratch on my windsheild by the passenger side windshield wiper arm and hasnt caused any problems.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Launching!

check with your insurance, I live in Florida and if there is a scratch or crack in your windshield they replace it (and you can get it replace by a chevy dealer) with NO deductable...
Old 07-17-2005, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

Mine got cracked by a rock a couple of weeks back. It ended up spreading due to rough tracks, bumps, etc, and then by myself not thinking and leaving my subs on. $266 to replace it.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:23 PM
Teching In

I took it to our local Cindy Rowe glass shop.. says replacement would be 250 through them, but I have a 50 dolla comphensive deductable so its all good.. Hey camarokidd you sayin if I take it to the dealership they'll fix it for free? I ran my warrenty out 10k miles ago.

Quick Reply: Scratch on the windshield....