Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Molded Carbon Fiber TransAm Dash Kits?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 01:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Molded Carbon Fiber TransAm Dash Kits?

Does anyone have pics of the YearOne Carbon Fiber dash kit for the TransAm? I wanna know if it's molded over OEM pieces, or if it's just a tape you put on them. I know FbodyMotorsports has them, but I dunno if it's worth the $500 from them, if the YearOne is molded as well for less than half the cost. FBodyMotorsports is kinda high on alot of the stuff on their site. So if anyone has a molded kit, and pics? Let me know the price, and where from? I sent a PM to Steve1969LS1 as to his pics he posted of the dash in his car, but he never responded. Please someone help me out soon, I need to get the interior finished in the car...
Old 07-18-2005, 02:08 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why not do it yourself? With all the other work you've done to that (I'm assuming you did it yourself) you should be abale to do it pretty easily man. I did a write up on how to do it- do a search.
Old 07-18-2005, 02:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya I've done it myself, I just don't wanna mess up the weave, nor do I know if it's cheaper to do it vs buying, since I've found alot of places that seem pretty high on fabric, I've printed your write up though!! It's pretty good. I thought about shaving the cupholder, ashtray, and front portion of the M6 console if I do it on my own like you did that one. I wish you were closer you could swing by lol, and help me do one piece, and give me pointers lol...
Old 07-18-2005, 10:16 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its not really that hard to do. Just like fiberglasss that you are doing except you have to keep the weave right.
Old 07-18-2005, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if not vfn will make you a carbon fiber dash race only. i bought one but wanted it to match rest of interior perfect. i sold it on ebay for $400. now working through my on carbon fiber design with chevychad's write-up. takes a little of practice but, oncu you get the hang of handling the sheets it's all good

Quick Reply: Molded Carbon Fiber TransAm Dash Kits?