Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

BS! Stupid dogs....how would you go about fixing/resolving this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 03:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BS! Stupid dogs....how would you go about fixing/resolving this?

First off, my Z28 is fairly low mileage and I've I've kept it impeccably mint. My place of business has a Petco in the adjoining parking lot. I park my car in the extreme end of the parking lot, in the very corner, where it's never necessary for anyone else to park. I can really hug the curb so in the off chance anyone parks next to me they have plenty of room, plus that corner of the parking lot is a slight incline so no shopping carts can really roll into it. It's been working fine.

Well a couple of times lately I've come out from work and found some sort of Petco sponsored dog get-together in that area of the lot (because it's so open because noone else parks there). I've come out and there have been dogs all around my car. Walking around it, defecating on the grass next to it, etc. They're close enough that when I notice, I get out and move it to what would be the next safest spot where it not for the dogs. I dunno what it is, but it's like a dozen or so dogs and their owners getting some sort of behavioral lessons. It seems to happen on different days so I can't seem to predict it, but once a week. It must change if it rains. No idea if customers pay or it's a free publicity thing or if Petco puts on the lessons or they are outsourced to a third party. Well magically two scratches have appeared on my showroom finish, one up the rear quarter, another on the decklid. TOTALLY consistent with an animal trying to climb up the side of it. Too light to have been malicious, but the way it's on the side and the decklid at different angles it couldn't have been someone brushing by with a object. I knew it was an animal when I first saw it, there's absolutely no doubt, but I first noticed at home and didn't put two and two together right away and was ready to shoot the neighbor's cat. In retrospect it HAD to have been the stupid dogs.

Most importantly, what's my best bet for fixing/concealing this? I was gonna try some ScratchX, but it just barely fails the "run your nail over it test". Second, having no proof, not seeing it, but just being 99% sure of it, would you say anything to whoever's running the lessons and attempt recourse? This is totally . Other people really need to be more careful because I couldn't be any more without quitting my job so I could stay at home and leave her in the driveway until the repo men come.

Last edited by GoldenBird; 07-22-2005 at 03:08 AM.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:20 AM
On The Tree

I would bring this up with Petco!
Old 07-22-2005, 07:25 AM
Restricted User

Put a little sign on an orange cone by the side of your car that says hey i brought my gun to work today. I like my car more then your dog
Old 07-22-2005, 08:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

you could try the zaino swirl remover (PC Fusion). i accidentally backed my car into this huge bush thing in my dad's driveway and it left marks that would be consistent with that of dog nails. the zaino stuff took it right out, and the paint looked brand new again. i definetly would not go with the scratch x. that stuff left more cratches in my clear than it took out.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NBM2001Z28
Put a little sign on an orange cone by the side of your car that says hey i brought my gun to work today. I like my car more then your dog
I like that idea.
Old 07-22-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Roll up a news paper and leave it on the hood as a warning!
Old 07-22-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Spray your car with that **** they use on dogs to keep them from licking themselves.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Pilon/Gun notice is the best idea.
Old 07-22-2005, 02:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't blame the dogs. Dog's don't know any better. It's the people's fault.

Maybe you should just scope out a better place to park...
Old 07-22-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

I disagree. I feel the dogs do know right from wrong and have some sort of personal vendetta against this guy. They've clearly met before hand in back alleys discussing the way to go about this. And, that one fateful morning, they set their plan into action.
Old 07-22-2005, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark IXZD 150

No one was saying blame the dogs. The dogs wouldnt be able to read the sign on the pilon. And if they could, it would be their fault
Old 07-22-2005, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

electric fence around ur car should do the trick
Old 07-22-2005, 04:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well you could try rigging up your car with flamethrowers... but if thats too much I would set your shock sensor sensitivity as high as possible so you might actually be able to catch them next time and get em for the other scratches too.

But thats def. a good idea too
Old 07-22-2005, 05:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mark IXZD 150

I'm really doing my best already. If I park and closer I run the risk of others parking next to me, and those pesky shopping carts that nobody bothers to put back. If I park in this vacant area I randomly come out to a dozen dogs. There is technically an "employee" parking lot in the rear of the building. But there's no spot there where you don't run a 50/50 chance of someone parking next to you. Worse, it's a really small/tight, awkward shaped lot that has three businesses with their receieving dock there. There's 18-wheelers making deliveries and trash trucks coming to empty the dumpsters. Not only do they kick up a ton of sand but they have great difficulty maneuvering the trucks to back in and two co-workers have already gotten clipped. My spot was ideal until the dogs showed up....
Old 07-22-2005, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Dogs always ruin everything... Turner and Hooch ring any bells?
Old 07-22-2005, 05:16 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 328 Likes on 246 Posts

its not that i hate dogs but that stuff really annoies me so i say u create a small puddle antifreeze. mmmmm sugar problem solved. (im a dog lover)
Old 07-22-2005, 05:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blackbyrd
its not that i hate dogs but that stuff really annoies me so i say u create a small puddle antifreeze. mmmmm sugar problem solved. (im a dog lover)
Oohh... I think I like that one...
Old 07-22-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow thats actually a great idea. I'd actually even be a nice guy and warn them about it first instead of killing animals that possibly weren't even the perps. Pour it all around my car "Sorry guys, my **** leaks, I'd keep your animals away."
Old 07-22-2005, 05:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Talk to the manager at the Petco, be civil but let him know you're pissed and are expecting to be taken care of. Go up the ladder if you have to. Are you in like a mini-mall type place? Seems like the management should know about dog shows in the back alley.
Old 07-22-2005, 05:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by APeteSS
Talk to the manager at the Petco, be civil but let him know you're pissed and are expecting to be taken care of. Go up the ladder if you have to. Are you in like a mini-mall type place? Seems like the management should know about dog shows in the back alley.
They're in the know about it. Like I said it appears to be behavior lessons and there is definately someone there coordinating the event....she's just not wearing the usual Petco blue polo shirt so I don't know if shes with the company or they just play host. But yeah, it's a small strip mall with several businesses. Just a really awkwardly shaped lot.

Quick Reply: BS! Stupid dogs....how would you go about fixing/resolving this?