Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

The New Look: New Stance, Blackbird Stripes, CETA Rear Bumper, More (Lots O Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The New Look: New Stance, Blackbird Stripes, CETA Rear Bumper, More (Lots O Pics)

Here are some pictures of the new look. I'm absolutely LOVING the Collector's Edition style rear bumper. A buddy of mine drove my car yesterday and I followed in another car, and it just looks so good from the rear. I also like the front bird overlay. I'm still on the fence about the stripes. Dont know if I'm going to keep them or not. Also thinking about swapping back to the factory amber side markers.

Keep in mind I'm shooting with a very crappy three year old Sony DSC-P51 2MP digicam. It does funny things with the color of my paint, but you still get the idea.

Old look (No stripes or overlays, Pro Kit springs, approx. 2" drop):

New look (Blackbird style stripes, stock springs and Koni SAs on lower perch w/ rear isolator removed, 0.75" F, 0.5" R drop):

Keep the stripes or ditch them? Also unsure whether I should put the stock amber side markers back on to not draw attention to that area, or if I should leave the clear on there. Past that the car is staying just like it is. I was going to add PONTIAC fill ins on the rear but I think it would busy it up too much and take away from the "flow" of the car. So once I figure out what to do with the stripes and side markers, I'm done for a while.

More pictures from the last set of shots I took.

In the middle underneath the car on that last shot from the rear, you can kind of make out the dumped true duals. When my buddy drove the car and I rode behind him yesterday, I really liked how those Spiral Flow mufflers sounded, so they are staying (almost switched to Borla XR1s).

What do you guys think?
Old 07-25-2005, 12:17 PM
TECH Addict

Looks awesome man! And to tell you the truth, I really like the stripes on the hood. Never really seen them before on that type of hood, but they're unique. The stance is great and the bumper looks amazing (in gloss black!)

As for the amber turn signals, I'm still not sure what to do about mine either. I like how they're orange and glow like that, but clear cleans up the look of the car.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Banned

I cant make up my mind on the stripes, they look good but im still makin some decisions. as for urrything else you naled it man. I would add some black fill-ins, they *** attitude, i have some stainless steel ones with my BB panel and it looks just right, not to busy at all and maybe even put a coat of tint on the tails to even further enhance the CETA panel but it will look great either way. keep the stripes because they are unigue. Now get you some 11s out back over the winter and it will be perfect. I like the new stance better also
Old 07-25-2005, 12:46 PM
Staging Lane

like the stripes a lot. very unique there. looks good. i like all the mods you have done to it. btw the clear side markers don't draw too much attention. i also like the true dual setup... thinkin about it myself. nice car. =D
Old 07-25-2005, 12:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Like the stripes, stance, everything you mentioned.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:56 PM

Thanks fellas. I think the side markers go well with the wheels for some reason, so that would be my reason for keeping them. The stripes will stay for a while regardless, but may come off in the future. For now though it's something different, and different is good.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I like everything, have you thought about removing the door trim/side molding?
Old 07-25-2005, 01:56 PM
HPP
TECH Enthusiast

Personally I think it would look better without the stripes, but with everything else. And if the Pontiac inaly was the right color it wouldn't make it too busy. Since there's no arrow head anywhere on these cars (or any place for it to go and look right really), it helps to put the inlay in.

Killer car though. I normally don't like red on these cars, but that looks good.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

hey that car looks just like mine. except i dont have the stripes. im liking the stripes and i might be doing the same. where did u get them and how hard was the install?
Old 07-25-2005, 02:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Sweet car man. Looks good with or w/o the stripes. Some tail lettering might be nice on the back as well. I have the silver Pontiac lettering. Looks good IMO.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:25 PM

Stripes came from FourthCircleDesigns (sponsor, check the list). Not too bad to install, just took my time and used plenty of soapy water.

I want to take the door trim off so bad, but the car has alot of miles on it, and I also wrecked it a while back in the front, so the front clip has been replaced, and they blended into the doors. They also put the side trim back on before the paint was fully cured so the paint underneath there is not in good shape (I took it off, then had to put it back on). When the car gets repainted candy apple red in the future all that stuff will come off of course. That is a LONG ways off though.

Also in the future I'd like to shave the PONTIAC as well as mold the front plate cover in (if it looks right, still need to chop it to see). I just like a cleaner, less busy look. Part of the reason I'm unsure on the stripes also.

Thanks for all the comments guys.
Old 07-25-2005, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Looks awesom!
Old 07-25-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The stripes do a great job of defining the curves of the hood, and it looks good with the matching front bird. I wouldnt do anything else to the car. I also think the clear corners look good.
James
Old 07-25-2005, 04:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Let's see...I'm liking the stripes and markers...you nailed the stance. I'm not, however, sold on the front bird overlay. I liked it better in body color. The CETA rear looks sweet...I think the Pontiac inlays would definitely set off your rear end...It would add a "finishing touch." ...I just can't decide if I'd go with black inlays or stainless...
Old 07-25-2005, 04:09 PM

Thanks fellas.

On the overlays, everything else is black so if I do them I'll go black. I actually have a set sitting at the house but I just didn't put them on. I might throw them on just to see what it looks like and go from there. Might make a good weekend project this weekend.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:58 PM
TECH Regular

I would say loose the stripes on that hood. Other than that, it looks great!
Old 07-25-2005, 06:32 PM
11 Second Club

I like it man, looks very clean.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:51 PM
TECH Resident

I'm not big on the stripes. They're not bad, but they suit the WS6 hood better. That hood flows nicely, and the stripes break up the flow.

I do think black PONTIAC fill ins would look good.

Aside from that I think it's a beautiful car (really, it's a beautiful car either way, but I think it'd look better with the above recommendations).

What wheels are those? They're nice.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Very nice bird, I love red for f-bodies!

Last edited by zredbeast; 07-25-2005 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2002BlackSS
I'm not big on the stripes. They're not bad, but they suit the WS6 hood better. That hood flows nicely, and the stripes break up the flow.

I do think black PONTIAC fill ins would look good.

Aside from that I think it's a beautiful car (really, it's a beautiful car either way, but I think it'd look better with the above recommendations).

What wheels are those? They're nice.
ROH Snypers 17x9