Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Guage install help

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 02:10 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Guage install help

Really quick question:
I am in the process of installing some white faced guages. I removed those 4 7mm bolts that hold the guage cluster into the dash. Now that I removed them its not coming out like I thought it would. I know that there is a self releasing electrical connection but its not releasing for me. I am afraid that if I pull it hard enough something is going to brake. Any tips on how to get this damn thing out? Is it safe to just pull like hell? Thanks.
Old 08-04-2005, 02:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

just tug on it, should pop out.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:38 PM
TECH Addict

Yeah, I was a little apprehensive when I took mine out, but it just took a firm tug.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

you mean yal actually pulled the whole thing out? i just took off that little clear plastic thingy when i was removing some naysta lookin chrome cover, (NAYSTA' LOOKING!) got some pix of the end result?
Old 08-04-2005, 09:19 PM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

Originally Posted by sycotic_reject
you mean yal actually pulled the whole thing out? i just took off that little clear plastic thingy when i was removing some naysta lookin chrome cover, (NAYSTA' LOOKING!) got some pix of the end result?
Oh, I also forgot to mention that I installed some of Nates LED bulbs in the cluster as well. Yeah I will get some pics up as soon as I finish up my car.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lithium
Oh, I also forgot to mention that I installed some of Nates LED bulbs in the cluster as well. Yeah I will get some pics up as soon as I finish up my car.
Man now i really cant wait to see the pix! I wanna see how that looks like with the LEDs, is there a site that has that kind of mod or someone that has that done already? I wanna do that now!! yall influanced me to spend money i dont have

Quick Reply: Guage install help