Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What kind of Wax do you all prefer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What kind of Wax do you all prefer?

I was wondering what kind of wax everyone here uses. I currently use meguirers tech wax and it does a phenoinal job. The only problem i have is that it does really last that long. I end up waxing my car evertime i wash it (which is like twice a week this summer). I really cant stand a dirty car. My family actually makes fun of me for how much time i spend cleaning and fixing my car. But anyways i just want to know if there were any durable waxes out there.
Also i would like to know what type of wax (paste, liquid) everyone perfers
Old 08-04-2005, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

You'll get lots of different answers and lots of same answers for this question.

I use Zaino, Pinnacle, Klasse, Meguiar's, Wolfgang, S100, Tropi-Care, DP, etc., etc., etc.

Favorite sealant - Zaino
Favorite Carnauba - Pinnacle Souveran
Old 08-04-2005, 10:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Meguiars NXT, it may not last as long as Zaino but it looks great and is easy to apply.
Old 08-05-2005, 12:04 AM
11 Second Club

I just did a treatment, with stuff I got from Autozone, I bought some Turtle Wax Platinum series, then followed with a coat of Meguiars Show Car glaze and topped both with a coat of Meguiars High Tech Yellow Wax, I'll see if I can't get some pics tommorow before I got to the cruise in. But I can tell you the difference is AMAZING. I had lots of small hairline scratches, now I have next to none. When I pull my tranny in a couple of weeks I'm gonna do the entire thing over except this time Clay bar first.
Old 08-05-2005, 02:04 AM
TECH Resident

i like Klasse for polish and sealant and Pinnacle Souveran for my wax but that is not a pretty penny.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Favorite sealant - Blackfire (jury is still out on FMJ)
Favorite wax - Meguiars #26

I prefer working with liquid wax. I can spread it much more evenly than paste.

-Mike
Old 08-05-2005, 08:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Meguiars cleaner wax

I have a white car it it gets lots of strange things off the paint. It's also very easy for me to remove.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:17 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ZaneO
You'll get lots of different answers and lots of same answers for this question.

I use Zaino, Pinnacle, Klasse, Meguiar's, Wolfgang, S100, Tropi-Care, DP, etc., etc., etc.
You forgot my favorite--The Wax Shop Super Glaze wax
Old 08-05-2005, 09:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Teri9672
Meguiars cleaner wax

I have a white car it it gets lots of strange things off the paint. It's also very easy for me to remove.
Hey, Teri. Is that the same thing as Meguiars Medallion. I have some of that which cleans great but, I don't think it's got any wax in it.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zaino obviously, then theres over the counter stuff......Liquid Glass, which is easliy the best over the counter stuff, at least here in South Jersey. Zymol works nice on darker colors, but its tougher to spread when its applied. It gets kinda blotchy, you guys know what i mean.
Old 08-05-2005, 10:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

I use the Meguiars NXT and love it......and Carl i'm looking forward to seeing that black beauty all shined up tonight
Old 08-05-2005, 11:05 AM
TECH Addict

Only stuff I've used extensively is the Original Green Turtle wax in the round tub and round sponge applicator- Wal-mart $2.30.

After a claybar and Turtle Wax, the car feels sooo incredibly smooth.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

use turtle wax ultra gloss myself, and a good claybar as well, when neccecary.
Old 08-05-2005, 11:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BurnZ28rubber
I was wondering what kind of wax everyone here uses. I currently use meguirers tech wax and it does a phenoinal job. The only problem i have is that it does really last that long. I end up waxing my car evertime i wash it (which is like twice a week this summer) I really cant stand a dirty car. My family actually makes fun of me for how much time i spend cleaning and fixing my car. But anyways i just want to know if there were any durable waxes out there.
Also i would like to know what type of wax (paste, liquid) everyone perfers
Yeah dont feel bad, i had a caddy that i used to wash EVERY day, no lie EVERY day!! Thats the bad thing about dark color cars, they pick up all the little dust that is floating around. But as for waxes i'm still in the same boat as you are, the best thing to do would just try them all one at a time, and finish it up with carnebian (how ever its spelt) wax, thats so far been my finisher..before that i put about 5 diff types of waxes, so yeah i know wha you mean about ppl making fun of you, they make fun of me cuss i'm goin to "wash the color off"....
(i also washed teh car while it rained outside, my freind saw me and asked what i was doin......bad sign.... )
Old 08-05-2005, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AnimalSS
Hey, Teri. Is that the same thing as Meguiars Medallion. I have some of that which cleans great but, I don't think it's got any wax in it.
nope, it actually says cleaner wax.
http://www.meguiars.com/estore/produ...ectionID=11501
Old 08-07-2005, 07:43 PM
11 Second Club

Pics as promised, Turtle Wax Platinum series, Meguires' #7 & #26 no claybar...yet.
Old 08-07-2005, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=Teri9672]Meguiars cleaner wax[QUOTE]

is that it, you dont follow that with anything else, like meguiars 20, 26 or 21?
Old 08-08-2005, 08:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE="6']['9"][QUOTE=Teri9672]Meguiars cleaner wax

is that it, you dont follow that with anything else, like meguiars 20, 26 or 21?
that's really all I use. I don't get all crazy with my car.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

2 years ago, one car magazine, I forget which one, did about 50 different waxes and polishes to see which one was the best. They put it on, left it in the rain, the sun, everything for about 1 week. After that, they looked at the paint and felt it. The winner was P21S, which beat every other product, even Zaino which everyone thinks is the greatest stuff since sliced white bread. My dad got a can, and man, this stuff is friggen amazing. My car sits in the driveway, and for 1 week it repelled water and still had a great shine and smoothness to it. So, now I dont have to wash my car every week. I would def recommend buying this stuff, and giving it a shot. It puts Zaino to shame.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Seal, protect, and beautify your finish with this premium carnauba wax.

P21S Concours Carnauba Wax was ranked #1 in paste waxes by Guru Reports, a respected, independent product testing group that provides valuable consumer information on automotive products. They tested several carnauba waxes and compared them based on the results. What they love about P21S is the initial shine, gloss, depth, color enhancement, and overall impression – everything you demand in a wax. Here’s what makes P21S wax the best…

P21S Concours Carnauba Wax is made of premium ingredients. P21S chose the best Brazilian #1 yellow carnauba and combined it with beeswax for superior gloss and protection. This natural wax is the choice of professionals and enthusiasts who will accept nothing but the best for their prized vehicles.

P21S Concours Carnauba Wax wipes away clean. No white residue is left behind to mar your beautiful wax job. It will not leave white marks on rubber or plastic trim or a chalky dust that settles in crevices. P21S goes on easy and comes off completely.

This natural wax contains no abrasives, additives, dyes, or perfumes. It is not intended to clean or polish. P21S Concours Carnauba is simply a nourishing treatment for your paint that brings out the ultimate shine and depth. Layer it on to double or triple the gloss.

Application is easy. Just rub onto a clean vehicle with the included applicator. You don’t have to apply pressure. Wax a section at a time and buff off wax immediately. You will achieve the best results if you do not allow P21S to dry.

As it says on the jar, “We think this jar contains the finest wax money can buy at any price.” Guru Reports happens to agree. For the most brilliant, multi-faceted, deep gloss you’ve ever seen, pamper your vehicle with P21S Concours Carnauba Wax.