Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

MBA Cap Cover Question

Old 08-08-2005, 09:11 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default MBA Cap Cover Question

To those who have MBA cap covers...

Is there a specific cap for the clutch fluid reservoir, or do they use the radiator reservoir cover for it? The reason I ask is that I just went to put my new covers on and I noticed that the bag said "clutch res. cover", but "rad res" is stamped on the inside of it...so, basically, do I have two radiator reservoir covers mistakenly or correctly?

Thanks...
Old 08-08-2005, 10:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LawmanSS
To those who have MBA cap covers...

Is there a specific cap for the clutch fluid reservoir, or do they use the radiator reservoir cover for it? The reason I ask is that I just went to put my new covers on and I noticed that the bag said "clutch res. cover", but "rad res" is stamped on the inside of it...so, basically, do I have two radiator reservoir covers mistakenly or correctly?

Thanks...
They are the same cap, however you will need to trim some of the flashing off the clutch reservoir cap. I just called them last month about the same issue.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Resident

yeah same thing happened to me. same cap
Old 08-08-2005, 10:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks, guys...thought I was screwed as they're seemingly out of business...

Old 08-08-2005, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

Just to let you know RKsports page on ebay has them right now for 15 bucks.
There are two left. Was 3 but I just ordered another one. I think satin is whats left.
Old 08-08-2005, 11:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Tranzaman00
Just to let you know RKsports page on ebay has them right now for 15 bucks.
There are two left. Was 3 but I just ordered another one. I think satin is whats left.
Great find...thanks!
Old 08-09-2005, 05:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

When did you hear that?
Old 08-09-2005, 06:16 AM
TECH Addict

Just go visit their site and hear it from the horses mouth - MBA went out of business and has closed down the shop.

Probably had something to do with the high cost of their parts - don't get me wrong, I have every one of their caps for my WS6 (bought them as polished version but ended up having them chromed to cut down on maintenance) they were all very nice, but there are a lot of people out there that don't have that kind of money to waste on decorative caps

LawmanSS-

I thought I might see you at the show in Beaver this past Saturday? One of the best shows I've been to - between 2000 & 3000 cars

Any chance you'll be able to come down to Norwin Hills 3WS Cruise -a -Palooza this Saturday? Starts @ 3PM but we'll be there @ noon to lock down our favorite spots.

Let me know...

-Jay-
Old 08-09-2005, 03:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Hey Jay!

I wanted to come up to check out the festivities at Beaver, but I had to work...my schedule is a PITA for trying to make cruises/shows...I work on Saturdays...Sunday/Monday is my weekend...
Old 08-09-2005, 03:34 PM
TECH Addict

Damn! I sure would like to hook up @ a show one of these days to check out your car - maybe you could be sick this Saturday?

-Jay-
Old 08-09-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1QUIKWS6
Damn! I sure would like to hook up @ a show one of these days to check out your car - maybe you could be sick this Saturday?

-Jay-
...and then who would make Pittsburgh safe for democracy?

We definitely need to meet up one of these days...I want to see the Bling-Mobile...I'm sure it'll put mine to shame...and since you're so stingy with the pics!
Old 08-09-2005, 06:01 PM
TECH Addict

That sucks that MBA closed up shop. I'm one of those who spent a LOT of money on their stuff. Only thing I didn't get around to getting was the HVAC control *****.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:25 PM
TECH Addict

and since you're so stingy with the pics!
I'd send you tons of pics, but all I have are Hi-Res pics taken with a pro digital camera + I only have dial-up = takes hours to send the pics
Old 08-09-2005, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

-Jay-
How about Frick Park on the 15th (I believe?) Do you go to a lot of car shows in the Greensburg, Mt. Pleasant area? A buddy of mine is a police officer in Mt. Pleasant and I beleive that it is your car that he keeps busting my stones about.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:15 PM
TECH Junkie

I'd send you tons of pics, but all I have are Hi-Res pics taken with a pro digital camera + I only have dial-up = takes hours to send the pics
Gotcha...I was just messin' with ya, anyways!

Although, a couple of pics would be cool...maybe an overall shot and an engine bay shot! I shoot you a PM...I need to finish my endless detail session (Menzerna, Souveran) and take some good shots of the SS...we can trade!

Old 08-10-2005, 05:09 AM
TECH Addict

2000blackta-
My buddy and I (he has a 02 CE TA) go to shows from Latrobe to out by Pittsburgh airport all season long, but we do concentrate in the Gbg, Mt. Pleasant, Murrysville/Monroeville area. I have been to (2) shows in Mt. Pleasant so far this year. We also hit the Summit Racing Nationals Show in Ohio & plan to go to the Pontiac Nats. I didn't know there was an upcoming show in Frick Park - shoot me the details if ya have them. Like I said, we'll all be at Norwin Hills for the Cruise-a-Palooza this Saturday 8/13 from noon on. They always have about 400 or so cars there on the usual Saturday night cruises starting @6PM - for this show there should be around 1000

If you stop down - look me up. I'll be parked with a CE, yellow Mustang, & 79 T/A. BTW- I love the wheels on your car in the sig - I had a choice of those or the TTII and went with the polished TTII's. I usually regret this choice every week while I'm polishing the wheels.

LawmanSS-
I'll see what I can do about getting some lower res pics to send over...
Old 08-10-2005, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

2000blackta-
My buddy and I (he has a 02 CE TA) go to shows from Latrobe to out by Pittsburgh airport all season long, but we do concentrate in the Gbg, Mt. Pleasant, Murrysville/Monroeville area. I have been to (2) shows in Mt. Pleasant so far this year. We also hit the Summit Racing Nationals Show in Ohio & plan to go to the Pontiac Nats. I didn't know there was an upcoming show in Frick Park - shoot me the details if ya have them. Like I said, we'll all be at Norwin Hills for the Cruise-a-Palooza this Saturday 8/13 from noon on. They always have about 400 or so cars there on the usual Saturday night cruises starting @6PM - for this show there should be around 1000

If you stop down - look me up. I'll be parked with a CE, yellow Mustang, & 79 T/A. BTW- I love the wheels on your car in the sig - I had a choice of those or the TTII and went with the polished TTII's. I usually regret this choice every week while I'm polishing the wheels.

LawmanSS-
I'll see what I can do about getting some lower res pics to send over...
Yep, that's probably you then. For what it's worth, I hear that your car is absolutely amazing! I'm sure that I will catch up with you at a show eventually. As for the show at Frick Park, I will try to get some more details and let you know for sure. I won't be able to make it to the show on Saturday. Unfortunatley my cheif decided to schedule me from 7:30 A.M. to 4 P.M. and them from 12 A.M. to 8 A.M. Sunday morning . But there is another pretty big show this Sunday at Cedar Creek Park in Rostraver if you are able to attend (noon start). They usually get a fair gathering.

Thank you for the compliment on the wheels. As soon as i saw them, I imediatley fell in love. I was actually torn between mine and the TTII's as well. As far as the two wheel choices, I don't think that you could go wrong either way as they are both very nice.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:44 AM
TECH Addict

Too bad you can't make it - I won't be able to make the show @ Cedar Creek (or is it crick - PA lingo ) I'll be @ Kennywood for my wife's work picnic. I was at the show the past two years though.

Yeah, I've won quite a few trophies with my T/A, which makes me feel good that other people appreciate all the time/$$ I've put into it (over $32K above the $27K original cost of the car at last check of receipts). I tried to keep a balance between both the 'show' and 'go' attributes of the car. Actually I've just about run out of stuff to do to it - allthough I've been thinking about adding a remote DVD/TV Tuner with multiple screens just for the car show circuit.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

You guys should come to the TA Nats in dayton on the last weekend of august!

Search this Thread