Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

MBA Closed????

Old 08-11-2005, 09:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MBA Closed????

Just went to MBA's web-site and it says to our customers and dealers thank you it has been a good run.. That sounds to me like a company going out of buisness.. Any word?
Old 08-11-2005, 10:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lots of rumors flying around...nothing concrete. Someone posted earlier that Thunder Racing bought them out...they are supposed to be updating their status on the website soon...
Old 08-12-2005, 04:48 PM
Launching!

If they close for good, where else can you get some door sills like they had? Or those pedals?
Old 08-13-2005, 01:53 AM
TECH Addict

That suck *** that they closed. I have all their engine compartment stuff, but never got around to ordering that HVAC billet *****.
Old 08-13-2005, 01:55 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

Originally Posted by parbreak
That suck *** that they closed. I have all their engine compartment stuff, but never got around to ordering that HVAC billet *****.
Ahh that's what I wanted. I was going to stop by their place a couple weeks ago until I noticed that they were done. I installed my Macewen gauge overlays, and just need the HVAC ***** and headlight **** to finish them off.

SUCKS!
Old 08-13-2005, 02:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Ahh that's what I wanted. I was going to stop by their place a couple weeks ago until I noticed that they were done. I installed my Macewen gauge overlays, and just need the HVAC ***** and headlight **** to finish them off.

SUCKS!
On a somewhat better note I did find a company, Billetin.com, that makes some billet stuff. Their main focus up to this point has been with Chevy S10 pickups, but I saw they had an auction on Ebay for Camaro HVAC and headlight ***** and they were billet. Checked them out and they looked nice but they have the ribs or fins milled into the **** and I don't really care for that. I like the plain smooth **** that MBA was doing. Anyway, called the guy and talked to him for 15 minutes and let him know what I was looking for and there may be a market to design a smooth ****. Check there site and call and let them know if you're interested.

Bryan
parbreak
Old 08-13-2005, 06:17 AM
IMJ
TECH Enthusiast

THAT DOSE SUCK... BUT MATT6822 DONT WORRY http://www.dynoproauto.com/index1024.htm SELLS THE PEDALS AND DOOR SILLS I AM NOT SURE IT THEY ARE THE EXACT ONES BUT THEY MIGHT BE CLOSE...
Old 08-13-2005, 07:21 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Yeah I bought the pedals that Dyno Pro auto sells. I like them the best out of any offered, even MBAs.

I'll probably end up picking up those door sills too. I just don't like how they fit into the middle of the plastic sill that's already there.

I'm waiting to see if MBA will update the site like it says they are going to. I'm trying not to get my hopes up though...

Parbreak; thanks for the link to those *****. I think I feel the same about them though. MBA offered the anodized red ***** which was going to look mint with the silver overlays I just did
Old 08-13-2005, 08:04 PM
TECH Resident

Maybe if they lowered thier price's a bit they would have gotten alot more business, I'm mean 50 to 65 dollars just for a chrome power streering cap is a bit ridiculas, but that just my opinion Thanks for the link IMJ I might buy those pedals.
Old 08-13-2005, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Price wasn't really a problem for MBA. RKSports had a $30k order in with them when the owner decided to shut down that part of the company. MBA was a small part of a larger company that does other work, not sure but I think airplanes.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MBA Closed????