Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

a few body questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default a few body questions

Okay ive pull my engine to do some work.So while it was out i got the idea to smooth all the welds and cracks in the engine bay to give it the more custom look my question is.Im using bondo hair,bondo glass and bondo when i put the all back together and pull 1.43 60 fts is it all gonna crack and bust loose?
Old 08-12-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

I think it would crack. Did u sand the paint off and then apply the hair? In my opinion it would crack, but others might have their own opinion.
Old 08-12-2005, 06:53 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if u have enough chassis re-enforcement i would think u would be ok. subframes stb etc. but im sure eventually with a car that violent off the line something is bound to give.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:35 PM
Teching In

Always take the paint off before you put any kind of bondo substance on it. Practice with the grinder and all you will need is high build primer. Be careful a weld is alot harder than the sheet metal (opps now you got a hole to weld up) Good luck if you have ???s ask a body man not an engine man
Old 08-12-2005, 09:35 PM
On The Tree

yes its sanded to bare metal and cleaned then applyed the hair i think ill prob just remove it all must of been one of those slow ideas it would of helped but oh well thats what chrome is for
Old 08-13-2005, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could carbon fiber it, then paint over the carbon fiber (I guess) and never have to worry. It would take a SHITLOAD of torque to crack that stuff. You'd probably end up twisting your unibody before you snapped some carbon fiber. It'd be an expensive project, but damn, can you imagine the visual impact that would have?

Quick Reply: a few body questions