Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Hood mirror install...

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 07:33 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hood mirror install...

How did u install your underhood mirrors?? Did u take the hood off? or did u just hold each one up for a few min.??? please let me know the best way.. Also what did u use to stick them to the car??
Old 09-01-2005, 10:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm guessing you got the mirrors then? They should be back with adhesive I woulda thought. I'll probably take my hood off, and lay it upside down when I install a set...If there is no adhesive then I would just get a good epoxy that will withstand vibrations and heat...
Old 09-01-2005, 10:35 AM
12 Second Club

Where did you get the mirrors are they custom for underhood mounting? I would prefer a way to be able to attach and remove for shows only. Hate to have them shatter when the front end hits the ground at the track!
Old 09-01-2005, 01:06 PM
12 Second Club

Got the mirrors from fbodyenhancements.. Didnt see them yet, they were shipped to my freinds house. But i can say that Fred from fbodyenhancements is great to deal with and i hope they work as good as his service. Will post pics when they are on..
Old 09-01-2005, 01:35 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nasty Hawk
Got the mirrors from fbodyenhancements.. Didnt see them yet, they were shipped to my freinds house. But i can say that Fred from fbodyenhancements is great to deal with and i hope they work as good as his service. Will post pics when they are on..

Please do, I'd really like to consider fabbing something up like this for shows!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 04:05 PM
On The Tree

Your best bet that wont cause any damage is to use 3m double sided tape from a autobady supply shop. Its the same tape use to hold emblems and plastic body panels on cars. as long as its applied properly to a clean surface they should (few ppl are selling the cheaper mirrors where the mirror backing is delaminating causing the mirrors to fall) never fall off. To remove them, just spray some adhesive release behind the mirrors.

Second option is to use some heavy duty velcro. Down side to that is when the mirrors are not installed, you see the velcro.

Leaving your mirror on full time in most cases will save you from scratching or damaging them while not in use.

My origional mirrors have been on my car since 2000. www.florin.net/mirrors
Old 09-01-2005, 09:52 PM
TECH Regular

Does anyone make mirrors for an SS?
Old 09-01-2005, 10:24 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Look up "Bird Man" on this site. He's got them installed on his 'bird.
Old 09-01-2005, 10:35 PM
11 Second Club

I took the hood off laid it over on the grass and used some red rtv to stick them on and havnt had any problems with them yet and a great looking part i might add.

Here is a pic installing:

Here is a pic installed:

Old 09-02-2005, 10:29 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ta_silver_bullet
I took the hood off laid it over on the grass and used some red rtv to stick them on and havnt had any problems with them yet and a great looking part i might add.

Here is a pic installing:

Note to people taking this guys advice don't leave it sit in the lawn too long!! Someone might think of it as decoration and set flower pots on your hood
Old 09-02-2005, 11:15 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Anniversary "Z"
Note to people taking this guys advice don't leave it sit in the lawn too long!! Someone might think of it as decoration and set flower pots on your hood
LOL thats a good one haha. yeah those flower pots were all over it i used them as weight to make sure the RTV held well and stuck good. that was funny though lol i got
Old 09-02-2005, 11:49 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by ta_silver_bullet
LOL thats a good one haha. yeah those flower pots were all over it i used them as weight to make sure the RTV held well and stuck good. that was funny though lol i got

Glad you took it that way and I kinda figured that's what they were doing there.

Somebody asked if there are kits out for the SS hoods? Anybody know where to get one if they do?