Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

People with painted interior panels

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2005, 06:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default People with painted interior panels

Hey I am thinking about painting some of my interior panels red since that is kind of the theme I'm going with on the whole car. and before everyone cries RICE I don't want to hear it, its my car and I'll do what I want to it thats why I paid for it. I am just looking for some pictures of some trans ams / firebirds with some painted interior panels. Thanks!
Old 09-02-2005, 08:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pics in my sig on cardomain
Old 09-03-2005, 09:27 AM
TECH Junkie

I've seen your car on cardomain before just browsing, It looks great, I also want the SLP HO hood!! How do you like it ? Also what did you paint your interior panels with they look really good
Old 09-03-2005, 09:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

When I got the SLP I was N/A and it worked great with the Volant intake. I cut the baffle out of the hood for better airflow. When I went FI I was taking air from underneath in front of the drivers wheel so I had to make block off plates for the nostrils. Its a nice hood very well constructed but its as heavy as a stock WS6 hood. Where I am going now I think I would perfer a stock flat style fiberglass hood that was a pin on. I have newer pics now but not posted, H.O. hood has pins on the front and I have removed all the latching mechanisms up front.

I painted the interior pieces with a Plasticote automotive paint, it might have been epoxy based too I cant remember for sure now. I got it at Pep Boys. It is a super tuff coating that has lasted great. I would say buy the best you can get and dont cheap out on paint or primer if you want it to last. Having it painted by a body shop with exterior paint and then Clearcoat would be perfect if you have the money.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

luna, in your cardomain page your g/f is sitting on your car with her hands right on the hood, i dont know about you or anyone else, but i HATE when people get their damn hand prints on my car, especially by the door handle, it drives me absolutly crazy, so i give you credit for allowing such "happenings" to go down. and for letting her sit on it!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2005, 10:30 AM
TECH Junkie

she was just kind of leaning on it, I wouldnt let her sit on it especially since that was taken like a week after I got it. as for the hand prints I did wipe them off!! lol I am really crazy about people getting their pawprints all over my car especially since its black!
Old 09-03-2005, 10:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Luna
I am really crazy about people getting their pawprints all over my car especially since its black!
Heard that...
Old 09-04-2005, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Luna
she was just kind of leaning on it, I wouldnt let her sit on it especially since that was taken like a week after I got it. as for the hand prints I did wipe them off!! lol I am really crazy about people getting their pawprints all over my car especially since its black!
exactly you can't even breathe on a black car or it will instantly scratch.
Old 09-04-2005, 01:47 AM
TECH Junkie

not to mention it gets too dusty to be acceptable to any self respecting car fanatic five minutes after your finished detailing it... but boy those 5 minutes are great
Old 09-04-2005, 08:09 AM
Vax
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by OneMeanZ
Heard that...

amen to that

There are some weeks I just give up trying to keep it clean, just because it's black, so it's impossible.

Stupid colorado dust
Old 09-04-2005, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

yeah my friends put their hands all over the door handle and the door after i just finis working on it

Quick Reply: People with painted interior panels