Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

flim after washing

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 08:07 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flim after washing

everytime i was my car and dry it with a towel there is constatly a flim over it, like i didn't rinse it enough. but today i rinsed the entire car for a good 15 minutes after washing it, and when i went to dry it with a towel i still get a film. what am i doing wrong? i'm using zaino car wash by the way.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

maybe its caused by the water u are using , you might want to consider getting a chamois instead of a towel
Old 09-08-2005, 08:37 AM
Teching In

150 MPH leaf blower...Any spots that get left on the car will be microscopic.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:40 AM
PR Director

Are you washing your car out in the sun or are you washing your car completely before you rinse? Give us some more details.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:47 AM
On The Tree

i try to wash it in the morning before the sun completly rises, i rinse the whole car down first to get any loose dirt off, then wash a section of the car, then rinse, another section, then rinse, ect. and then i give the whole car a final rinse, and dry with a towel.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:20 AM
Teching In

I have a black car as well. Generally I will wash under the carport, or in the shade somewhere. I normally wait until the paint is cool, especially if the car has been out in the sun. I give it a pre-rinse, then scrub the whole car down with Zaino wash. It's best to keep the paint wet the whole time you are washing the car, even if you're not ready for a final rinse. It is also best to rinse out the wash rag/chamois/pad occasionally throughout the scrubbing process. When I am done scrubbing the whole car, I pour the remaining Zaino/water solution on the top of the car, then give it a final rinse. After that, I dry it off with a leaf blower (inside doors with terry cloth).
Old 09-08-2005, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

i would make sure you are using the correct amount of soap to water ratio... that is one of the most obvious things that happens when you use too much soap.. remember all you need for a gallon is usually a quarter sized splooge of soap...
Old 09-08-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Resident

splooge?
Old 09-08-2005, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by darkecho
i would make sure you are using the correct amount of soap to water ratio... that is one of the most obvious things that happens when you use too much soap.. remember all you need for a gallon is usually a quarter sized splooge of soap...
what kind of soap are you using?
Old 09-08-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Every drying towel/towel-like rag/rag/chamois-like towel, etc. has left something behind on the car. I now use only a real chamois.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:58 PM
12 Second Club

If you're using towels to dry it make sure when they were washed that NO fabric softener was used. I had this problem before...turned out the wife would add fabric softener to the wash on the towels.
Old 09-11-2005, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

yes splooge lmao
hey gearhead you might not want to toss that last remaining soapy water on the car, one it doesnt serve a purpose, and two there is probably a good deal of dirt that settles at the bottom of the bucket when you dip in the mitt for more soap... just a heads up, you might be increasing the chances of drying ur car with dirt back on it heheh but dont worry i used to do it all the time too, otherwise i felt like i was wasting lol

Quick Reply: flim after washing