Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

cleaning white leather

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 04:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cleaning white leather???

Anyone know of any cleaning products for white leather seats that are pretty dirty?

Last edited by monicaz28; 09-08-2005 at 04:32 PM.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Teching In

I used Brawn orange cleaner. It comes in a spray bottle. It sounds kinda harsh for leather seats but I tried a little in the back and it worked good. I used a soft brush and then wiped with a clean rag. After I used Meguiars conditioner. This is how I clean them all the time now. Seems to work good so far. No adverse effects on seats.
Old 09-08-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by RamAIR23
I used Brawn orange cleaner. It comes in a spray bottle. It sounds kinda harsh for leather seats but I tried a little in the back and it worked good. I used a soft brush and then wiped with a clean rag. After I used Meguiars conditioner. This is how I clean them all the time now. Seems to work good so far. No adverse effects on seats.

Something like that would work fine as long as you condition the seats after. The only thing to watch out for is yellowing. Some cleaners will cause the white leather to yellow. On my old car I always used some stuff called mean green. It is similar to simple green but cheaper and not quite as strong. It worked great
Old 09-09-2005, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys
Old 09-09-2005, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01 Red WS6
Something like that would work fine as long as you condition the seats after. The only thing to watch out for is yellowing. Some cleaners will cause the white leather to yellow. On my old car I always used some stuff called mean green. It is similar to simple green but cheaper and not quite as strong. It worked great
What do you use to apply this cleaner and where do you get it?
Old 09-09-2005, 09:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

I used a rag or a very soft brush. I picked it up at the dollar store. It cost $2 for a good size bottle. I guess you could use simple green but I haven't tried it so I can't say what will happen. If you did use simple green it would probably be best to mix it with some water