Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Overspray problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 07:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overspray problem

I just got my car back from the paint shop and I have what looks like clear overspray on the fenders and most of the horzontal surfaces. The paint looks hazy or foggy in sunlight. It also feels rough to the touch. I tried claying it over and over and it is not comming off. I had tons of wax on my car before the hood was painted so I dont see how it could stick that well. I have tried cleaner wax and it only did a minimal job. Please help!
Old 09-19-2005, 09:13 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

If I were you, I'd take it back to the body shop. If your car wasn't like that before it went to the body shop, then I think the body shop should be obligated to repair it. Be nice about it, but also make them aware that you're not pleased with their work.
Old 09-19-2005, 11:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
If I were you, I'd take it back to the body shop. If your car wasn't like that before it went to the body shop, then I think the body shop should be obligated to repair it. Be nice about it, but also make them aware that you're not pleased with their work.
Why should you have to fix their screwup when you paid for the work?
Old 09-19-2005, 12:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

When I got mine back from the shop I had the same thing on my spoiler... I clayed it everytime I washed it and It came off after several times.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Been down that road before so I feel your pain bro. It will definately come off after repeated cleanings and buffings but I would still take it back and have them do whatever neccessary to correct the problem.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:24 PM
10 Second Club

have the body shop buff it and itll be fine
Old 09-19-2005, 06:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Had the same thing happen to me when i got my rear valence painted. I took it back and the shop did it with no problem. If anything you get a free buff job out of it. The guy told me he used a slightly rough compound at first, and then gradually made his way down to a smooth compound. Now my car is shiny as ****, and it's real smooth to the touch. But the first thing I would do is definatly take it back to them or give them a call.

Quick Reply: Overspray problem