Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

demolding

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default demolding

I've heard the term thrown around a bit, usually in conunction with debadging and I'm still not really sure what it means. I'm guessing it's when you remove the long strip of whatever that stuff is that runs in the middle of the 98-02 camaro's, from front to rear wheel wells.

If that's the case is it easy to do without damaging the paint underneath? And if it's a 1998 car will the paint under the mold be newer looking than the exposed paint? And if I have no idea what I'm talking about please enlighten me.

Thanks.

Last edited by mpe488; 11-19-2005 at 12:10 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-19-2005, 12:23 AM
Launching!

yup the side moldings being removed....if your car has original paint,some people don't remove the molding if they get refinished,and you'll tell the difference in thickness if they are removed now,but if the paint is original then you could take them off without noticing.....I think it looks alot cleaner.

Old 11-19-2005, 10:59 AM
12 Second Club

What color is your car? I see you're in Florida so there will most likely be some sun fade of the original color. The color under the molding will probably be darker. You can start with a small piece like on the front fender or behind the door and see what it looks like. If it's a big color difference you can just buy some new double side tape and put the original piece back on. I removed the molding off my car last year and love it. SOO much cleaner without it. I just let mine sit out in the sun for a few hours to heat it up then peeled it off. I had very little sticky residue to remove.
Old 11-19-2005, 11:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Same here, you can't tell they were there. Took 'TransAm' off too although some leave it on. Pics on my site.

Quick Reply: demolding