Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

My '99.... lol

Old 11-26-2005, 12:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My '99.... lol

Now that im officially a REAL member of this LS1 site, here's my new car and the long story of my short term of ownership.

I bought it for about $7,000. Its a '99 with about all options, A4 trans, and *gasp* 144K miles. I had wanted to sell my '97 and use the money to buy an LS1 car and make a hotrod out of it eventually. I kinda wanted something like a water damage car or a light wreck to start with but I got hasty and bought this one, the first Monday of the month.

http://grahamhill.org/Pics/DSC01332.JPG
http://grahamhill.org/Pics/DSC01333.JPG
http://grahamhill.org/Pics/DSC01334.JPG
http://grahamhill.org/Pics/DSC01335.JPG

And then this happened. I left the lot about 3pm that Monday and this happened about 6:30 the following Wedensday. Someone fixed that hood before who shouldnt be doing bodywork. That cardboard is no illusion.

The dealer did, however, give me a fairly decent black hood and a windshield but it hasnt shown up yet.

The car doesnt have the guages cause they didnt work.

http://grahamhill.org/hood/

So goes life, lol.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:11 PM

i would think that car would be totalled sorry about the that it sucks
Old 11-26-2005, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you wreck when the hood flew open or something? Not sure what happened, looks like the hood came apart, but the interior ****, rear quarter, etc, more details dude. I would be getting a lawyer or something for that ****!
Old 11-26-2005, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Wow, is that the fiberglass from the hood still attatched by the latch? Thats crazy, id be pissed! Is the dealership going to cover all the damage? Well at least your okay!
Old 11-26-2005, 01:49 PM
TECH Resident

No I didnt wreck (somehow or another, lol). The dents in the quarter panels, 3 in all, are just from the hood seperating as it hit the windshield and then flew down each side of the car. There was a lot of odd looking filler in the parts of the hood where someone had fixed it and that filler added a loooot of weight in certian parts. I think its that, that helped shatter the t-tops. Luckily I was unhurt.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn man that sucks, I would def be calling a lawyer about that.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:17 PM
Launching!

I would def be calling a lawyer about that.
I hear that, not to get you all riled up or anything but there is no way i would be covering the cost to fix that car! Someone is at blame if you ask me its the dealership. They should have checked it out better to make sure it was safe! You could have been hurt real bad or even worse killed. **** family could have been in the car!
Old 11-26-2005, 06:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks famaliar to mine...
It's a long story that i'll make short. i forgot to put the hood latch on... i rolled my freshly repaired car out of the paint shop, wet sanded and buffed it, everything was good so i was like ahhh hell ill take it down the road real quick... forgot the hood latch was not on the hood til it came up into the windshield. So, it tour up the hood, windshield, 2 fenders, and the hinges! big time f*ck up! so lots more fiberglass work and it looks good as new .
[IMG][/IMG]
This is after i fixed the hood, fenders... and painted it......... AGAIN! I felt like **** for a while .
Old 11-26-2005, 06:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn! Glad you're ok. The dealer should pick up EVERYTHING. Better yet, I'd take the car back to them and ask for my money back. You can get somthing just as nice for 7k IMO.
Old 11-27-2005, 12:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Glad to hear you're ok, sorry about the car. BTW...did that car come from a guy named Shon in Corinth?

Search this Thread