Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

MacEwen Overlays moving on Cluster??

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question MacEwen Overlays moving on Cluster??

I've had my MacEwen guage overlays installed for almost a year now. I've noticed that these things have shifted quite a bit - so much so that at night, the lighting barely matches up and its hard to figure out how fast you're going etc... First off, has anybody sucessfully taken the overlay off the cluster without ruining it, and secondly, once its off, what should I use to reglue it back on to prevent this from happening again?? This happen to anyone else? Thanks
Old 12-07-2005, 09:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have some bubbling temp/oil and alt/fuel overlays, but the (2) RPM/Speedo's are adhering properly. I have to remove mine as well, but am fearful of what may happen since they have been on the car for 15 mos.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:17 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

That sucks, mine have only been on since the summer here. I wonder if it has anything to do with high heat conditions? I've never really heard of this before.

EDIT: Scratch that, you're from Maryland. Not much warmer than up here in cold *** NH.

I don't think removing these should be an issue. Any left over sticky residue can be cleaned up real easy. I hate the factory black gauges though... I may look into buying a couple more sets.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, and the strange thing is its only the speedo/tach overlay...the two for the lower gauges are perfect, right where they were installed. Definetely a little dissapointing...
Old 12-08-2005, 08:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by AbsolutHank
Yeah, and the strange thing is its only the speedo/tach overlay...the two for the lower gauges are perfect, right where they were installed. Definetely a little dissapointing...

Just opposite of my problem....weird