Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

My Camaro crys ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2005, 12:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Camaro crys ???

Every time I wash my car and everything (I would think) is dry, I drive around the block and there is Niagra Falls coming from my tail lights! So yesterday I washed, dried, took out the tail lights dried back in there, opened the hatch dried everywhere I could find that had water, I close the hatch drive around to the front of my house, walked around and guess what did grace my eyes with it's joyous presence? The elixir of life known as water all down my bumper (most of it dried because yeah, I can never have the car clean)! Where is it coming from?!?

Please, thank you, and Merry Chri- oops I mean Happy Holidays!
Old 12-19-2005, 12:25 AM
TECH Regular

Happens to the best of us. I just wash the car when i know i can let it sit for a bit before driving it.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Normally getting it from the taillights is the only problem i've had with the water... make sure under your spoiler is dry too.
Old 12-19-2005, 12:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if possible park the rear of your car lower than the front. that works for me, my driveway is just a little slanted
TECH Regular

meguires quick detailer takes care of those bitch tears for me...

and yes MERRY CHRISTMAS
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meissenation
Normally getting it from the taillights is the only problem i've had with the water... make sure under your spoiler is dry too.
I get there too with the little flossing motion with the towel under the spoiler hehe
Old 12-19-2005, 12:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camaroextra
if possible park the rear of your car lower than the front. that works for me, my driveway is just a little slanted
never thought of that...

MERRY CHRISTMAS
lol, I work at Circuit City and we were told not to wish people a Merry Christmas or we'd get sued! I'm even liberal and I think that's retarded
Old 12-19-2005, 01:05 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Silas2k

lol, I work at Circuit City and we were told not to wish people a Merry Christmas or we'd get sued! I'm even liberal and I think that's retarded
ya i work at raley's in a very liberal town, and i tell every person merry christmas, and if they have a problem then they can cram it, cause i dont give a damn
Old 12-19-2005, 01:07 AM
TECH Regular

o and one last thing on a side note, then ill stfu, every person that ive encountered so far at work has been saying merry christmas too. k im done.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kevano26
o and one last thing on a side note, then ill stfu, every person that ive encountered so far at work has been saying merry christmas too. k im done.
i agree, my whole beef with it is not because i dont get to say merry chrismahanaqwuanzka its that people are actually winning lawsuits for this... if someone says happy [insert belief here], you smile and say happy [insert alternate belief] no harm done, everyones happy... maybe jewish people have good lawyers?
Old 12-19-2005, 01:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Silas2k
i agree, my whole beef with it is not because i dont get to say merry chrismahanaqwuanzka its that people are actually winning lawsuits for this... if someone says happy [insert belief here], you smile and say happy [insert alternate belief] no harm done, everyones happy... maybe jewish people have good lawyers?
Whats so funny about that? You might find it deserves a but its no laughing matter. Its not just Jews you're upsetting. There's athiests, muslims, buddhists etc that feel they dont want someone else's beliefs in their face where ever they go.

I cant believe the ignorance of that post. Dont even try to tell me that was supposed to be sarcastic, b/c there's nothing even remotely sarcastic behind it. Someone else will probably flame me, but you know what? I really dont give a rats ***. Im a Jew and there's no point behind that post - period.

Last edited by Ling_650vette; 12-19-2005 at 01:56 AM.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

its ****** ridiculous that we have gotten to this point in america. everyone and their mother gets offended, well **** off. grow a sense of humor its ok. MERRY ****** CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

on a side note, try parkin on a slight incline, and also when ur done washing lift up ur hatch, water stays inside there, let all the water drain from there while its up
Old 12-19-2005, 02:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

yeah anyways, also the water could be collectin sandwich style on the rear spoiler, cuss i know everytime i open the hatch after it being dried i see water at eye level already makin it's run down to the tail lights.

and since we commenting on the christmas thing...... dont really give a **** who gets hurt and what not. cuss you know what, no matter how hard you try not to step on anyones toe's, your gonna affend somebody, never fails. If anyone thinks thats narrow minded, owell this whole entire country is narrowminded...thats why all this crap started in the first place.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1sicv6
its ****** ridiculous that we have gotten to this point in america. everyone and their mother gets offended, well **** off. grow a sense of humor its ok. MERRY ****** CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

on a side note, try parkin on a slight incline, and also when ur done washing lift up ur hatch, water stays inside there, let all the water drain from there while its up

lol wow we had the same exact idea's...i take to long to respond lol
Old 12-19-2005, 10:53 AM
TECH Resident

when you finish washing the car open the hatch slowly and let all the water out and then back down the driveway while tapping you brakes that helps alot .
Old 12-19-2005, 11:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by skatinjay27
when you finish washing the car open the hatch slowly and let all the water out and then back down the driveway while tapping you brakes that helps alot .
Then take an electric (not gas) leaf blower to it.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:24 AM
Staging Lane

first, if anyone cant stand someone saying "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Hanahkuh" or whatever they're belief is, then they need to be shot. Its not like they are tryin to convert you, and getting upset over them sayin it is no different then driving by a church and wishin it would burn to the ground because its not your faith. This is America, you have to have some ignorance to live here. Its bad enough the majority of Americans dont speak english anymore.

As for the car, it happens to me all the time. Usually if you can let it sit, youll be fine. But if you cant get it all and it dries on you, that mequires stuff works and so does GM Gloss enhancer. And if you use the big blue towel to dry or an absorber, a little bit of dampness on them work just as well also.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:28 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99SS'Vert
Then take an electric (not gas) leaf blower to it.
x2
Old 12-19-2005, 11:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ling_650vette
Whats so funny about that? You might find it deserves a but its no laughing matter. Its not just Jews you're upsetting. There's athiests, muslims, buddhists etc that feel they dont want someone else's beliefs in their face where ever they go.

I cant believe the ignorance of that post. Dont even try to tell me that was supposed to be sarcastic, b/c there's nothing even remotely sarcastic behind it. Someone else will probably flame me, but you know what? I really dont give a rats ***. Im a Jew and there's no point behind that post - period.

Merry christmas to you too, hoss.

Oh, and: http://www.illwillpress.com/xmas.html

And to stay on-topic. I second the leafblower & Meguiar's QD.
Old 12-19-2005, 11:33 AM
TECH Junkie

As stated above, open the trunk lid and let the water run out. Run a towel (not an Absorber, because there's going to be dirt in there) along the channels where the trunk lid sits, get between where the spolier's panels are, and if possible, blow some compressed air along the seams, toward the rear bumper. This will get 90% of the water. The other 10% will still end up on your bumper. It's like the old saying: No matter how you shake or how you dance, the last drop always goes in your pants.

Oh, and Merry Robonichristmahanakwanza to you and yours as well.

-Mike