Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Trans Am/Firebird Fixed Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 10:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Trans Am/Firebird Fixed Headlights

How many Firebird/Trans Am owners are interested in the fixed headlights from Breathless Performance? I know the price is a bit steep but has anyone tried getting them to do a group buy?

I know alot of people don't like the look or the fact that they are non pop-ups. You are completely entitled to your opinion, I respect that. So please respect this thread and only post if you are interested in buying the lights if the price were right. If you want to talk trash or say how much you don't like them or complain about them...please make your own thread. I hope I didn't offend anyone by stating that.

Thanks,
Joshua
Old 12-22-2005, 08:34 AM
Launching!

I think everyone, including myself, is too repulsed by the price to even consider it. $300 would sound like a respectable price....but I dont see them getting that low.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah if they lowered their price they could sell out in a day but for the price people say power mods
Old 12-22-2005, 08:41 AM
TECH Regular

Well, one thing that is nice about this is the price is offset if you are doing a front-end upgrade to an older f-body, as you don't have to buy the popup stock headlights if it uses all new mounts as they do on the C4 setup...

I am just wondering if it is possible to somehow tint or smoke the covers to make them look black, and then just upgrade the lamps inside to be much brighter?

For a black car that would just look phenomenal...
Old 12-22-2005, 08:49 AM
TECH Regular

One thing I would like to mention after looking at thier video on installing these, is I am disappointed to see that they do not include the proper weatherpack connectors and expect you to cut wires and use cheap crimp connectors... Hell they could have used sealed crimp connectors at least, but the 'proper' way would be to include weatherpaks... Especially for the price of the kit...
Old 12-22-2005, 10:10 AM
On The Tree

for the right price im down
Old 12-22-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

me too..
Old 12-22-2005, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

even though the price of the kit is outrageous, i could see how it could be an option to a non-do it yourself type. the flip ups on my car have messed up twice but i replced them with a brass gear instead of the plastic. the dealership charges upwards of $300 for just one light and they will still use the stock plastic gear that will eventually strip again.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:12 AM
Launching!

I'd be interested in them but I highly doubt they will go low enough on the price to make it reasonable!
Old 12-23-2005, 01:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I agree...I don't know if they would go real low...I really don't think they would even venture towards $300. It would be nice no doubt but I don't see it happening. I just wanted to see if there was some way to get a group buy going or something, and to see how many are interested out there.
Thanks for the feedback guys.

Joshua
Old 12-23-2005, 02:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

I might be interested if they lower the price.
Hopefully I can sell my carbon fiber covers by then.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd buy right now, if it was a reasonable price
Old 12-24-2005, 01:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Well...I just got an email back from a guy named Erin @ Breathless Performance and he said that the price is most likely gonna go up next year thanks to rising prices from the light company and gm. Oh well...it was a thought.lol

Joshua
Old 12-24-2005, 08:32 AM
Launching!

Well...I just got an email back from a guy named Erin @ Breathless Performance and he said that the price is most likely gonna go up next year thanks to rising prices from the light company and gm. Oh well...it was a thought.lol

Joshua
LOL, Are you serious, here we are trying to see if a group purchanse could get them cheaper and instead they are raising the prices! What a bunch of retards! They cannot possibly be selling very many of them! Everybody says they are too expensive and if they dropped their prices they would sell many many more of them and now they are raising they prices! You would think that they would find a cheaper way to manufacture them. If everybody says they are too expensive especially when there is a demand just not for that price they should really figure something out, but o well, nice try anyway.
Old 12-24-2005, 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

I agree...I did the front end upgrade to a 2002 firehawk front end, and want these headlights, but the $$$ is steep...

I think they look best on a black car, since the housing recess is black...If I do get a pair, I'm gonna look into painting the inside of them just like the body...and possibly night shading the lens, but I would convert to HID, and then that would defeat the purpose....So I doubt I will do the nightshade mod, or some form of tint...Kinda up in the air when I see cars with a blackout over a MAIN SAFETY part of the car for night driving....

Like you guys I would definately be in for a lower price no doubt about it. I think $500 would be fair...somoene else needs to replicate their own setup to force them down due to competition!! Hell even include weatherpak's and your already one up on them!!! LOL
Old 12-25-2005, 02:46 AM
BMW ///M Nerd

Do a search on the quality of these kits. Everyone who has them has nothing but bad things to say about them.

Most people end up dumping lots more $$$ into the setup to make it half decent.

Believe me, I want non-popups more than any one else on here. I hate the factory pop ups with a passion.

Back in the day, I new a way to get 10% off. The kit is just not worth the aggravation unfortunately.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:01 AM
Launching!

Good luck on getting a cheaper price. Back in the summer I offerred them 100 bucks less than thier asking price and they wouldn't even budge. If thier attitude was even decent, I was going to pay the full price. However, they know they have the only one of a kind and you're going have to pay the price. This was thier attitude when I spoke with them last summer. However, if you get them to lower thier price significantly, I would consider it. Hopefully, your negotiating skills are much better than mine. Good luck.