Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Zaino

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 02:41 AM
What's a Sticky?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Zaino

Since I bought my car a little over a year ago, I have used nothing but Meguiars, NXT in particular. But after seeing a lot of hype about Zaino, and seeing the pictures, and hearing about how it lasts for more than 3 days, I am ready to try it. Only problem is, I just went to the Zaino website and I have no idea what to get. Will someone help me out. If it matters my car is a daily driver and not quite a show car- lol. Also, I am willing to spend a little $$, but I dont wanna over-do it by any means. Thanks in advance guys.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:16 AM
12 Second Club

^^ What you said! lol It seemed a bit complicated. Once I found what I needed, there was these different chemicals you needed to mix and what not... and I was a bit lost. I'd like to give it a stab though, so im right here with ya on this one.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:14 AM
TECH Junkie

I haven't used their Z-PC, but some on this board have had good results with that as a swirl remover.

When I buy Zaino, I typically buy ZFX, Z-2Pro, Z-5, and Z-6. Their car wash is really good too.

Honestly, their Total Protection Show Car Kit is a pretty good deal.
http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...ory_Code=Zaino

-Mike
Old 12-29-2005, 09:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What chupr0kabra said, just get the kit, looks like it has everything you need to get started
Good luck and post some pics when you're done
Old 12-29-2005, 10:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

i just tried zpc yesterday and it was awsome, im finishing it up todaywith 5 or 6 coats of z2pro with a whipe down of grand finale in between each coat
Old 12-29-2005, 10:29 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

i used zaino all last summer and pretty much fell in love. I ran out though but santa was nice to me with some zaino. I got the new ZPC i plan on trying and grand finale spray. I plan on jsut washing it all down with dawn again and removing all the zaino so i can re claybar the whole car and ZPC it then add a crap load of coats.

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 12-29-2005, 10:48 AM
TECH Addict

Haven't used the ZPC or Grand Finale yet (restcoked on Zaino supplies right before they were released)

Anyway
I like their clay bar, its easier on the hands when rolling the clay, but I don't think it is as efficient as the Sonus bar (but my hands were exhausted after the Sonus)
Z6 is awesome
Z2pro with zfx is awesome
their tire gel is amazing, I didn't want to spend the extra few dollars for a smaller bottle but figured what the hell. It was worth it and i'll get much more use out of it than a spray can. This is a true money saver as ironic as it sounds. The shine is not a super glossy shine, but a very nice clean look. Here is a photo
The leather in a bottle is prettty ok. It has a real leather scent, but for me it doesn't shine enough, again a very clean look like the tires but I was looking for a little more gloss. BTW not greasy at all, which is a nice feature.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just purchased the total kit on Tuesday; very impressed with how fast they are on shipping, mine's set to come tomorrow according to UPS.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Who knows where to buy it bacause i just notice is not zaino.com
Old 12-29-2005, 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

zainobros.com will redirect you to the right place
Old 12-29-2005, 01:40 PM
What's a Sticky?

The kit does look like a good deal, but I already have a claybar and my own wash. So I was thinking about buying this:
ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive
Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes
Z-5 Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches
Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray

Does this sound like what I need? I have a couple questions too for those who know. I dont have time to read the description right now, but what exactly is the ZFX?? Also, is the Z-6 similar to the Z-8 or are they totally different? And finally, I can apply all of this by hand can't I?? Thanks guys.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:53 PM
TECH Addict

zfx is an additive to Z2, supposed to make it dry really quick and stronger....I am skeptical about the claims, but I did notice extremely fast drying times. Also it is said your supposed to use ZFX to help with bonding

Z6 is supposed to be an "everyday" product, while Z8 is supposed to be a car show product. Never used Z8, but I have about 7 bottles of Z6 and love the stuff.

I would get the zaino car wash, I happen to like it a lot
Old 12-29-2005, 01:55 PM
TECH Addict

Oh yeah you don't need the Z5 if your getting Z2....both do the same thing pretty much.

As a side note, Zaino won't do jack **** for you unless you do the proper prep work
Old 12-29-2005, 02:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Z5 has a few more fillers in it, to hide some light surface marring.

To expand a bit on what ZFX is, it used to be you would apply Z1 to a prepped (i.e. washed, clayed and polished) surface, let it haze, then apply Z5 or Z2 directly on that, while it was still hazed. ZFX eliminates the need for the Z1 step. It not only helps with the bonding between the surface and the Z5, it also does a good job of speeding the curing (drying) process along.

Yes, all can be applied by hand. It's the only way I'd recommend it, since a little goes a long way. Application with a machine tends to waste too much, and it's pretty expensive to waste (though worth the cost, imo).

I haven't used Z8, but I've heard good things. Like 2002 Trans Am said, Z8 is their concourse spray, while Z6 is the every day detailing spray.

Bear in mind that Zaino's bottles say "polish" on them, but with the exception of ZPC, they aren't polishes. They're sealants. If you have scratches and swirls before you apply Zaino, when you're done, you'll have really shiney scratches and swirls.

-Mike
Old 12-29-2005, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

The Z5 doesn't do a darn thing for getting rid of scratches/swirls, get a swirl remover (there are alot) and a porter cable, and some pads and get rid of the swirls/scratches BEFORE putting on the Zaino, they'll be alot more noticable on a really shiney surface (like after Zainoing)
Prep is the key to a great looking finish just like painting a car, if the surface isn't right the paint looks like ****, same way with waxing/sealing
Old 12-29-2005, 06:32 PM
What's a Sticky?

Okay, so how about this:
ZPC Fusion Dual Action Paint Cleaner Swirl Remover
ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator Additive
Z-2 PRO Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes
Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray

I planned on washing with dawn, claybar, wash again, use ZPC, then ZFX w/ Z-2, finally followed by the Z-6. Does this sound good, will the ZPC help remove the scratches and swirls you guys are talking about before I use the Polish (Z-2)?? Also, does the ZFX have to be used everytime with the Z-2 i.e. if i want to do like 3 coats??
Old 12-29-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Addict

There's no need to wash with Dawn if you're going to be claying and polishing.

Those products will give you a great start.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:06 PM
What's a Sticky?

Okay, so the dawn just removes all of the polishes and sealants, but I dont need it since I haven't been using any? Also, why do some people buy Z-2 and Z-5?? Sorry for all of the questions.
Old 12-29-2005, 07:15 PM
TECH Addict

Dawn usually removes all the nasty grime and general yuck that the car accumulates, but since you're going to us a claybar, and polish it, that accomplishes the same thing.
As for why they use Z2 & Z5 the Z5 hides swirls (supposedly) and the Z2 is supposed to bring out the brilliance of the shine, but FWIW I couldn't tell the difference, they both put on a really glossy shine
Old 12-29-2005, 08:04 PM
What's a Sticky?

Okay thanks. And that Z-PC will be good to get rid of the scratches/swirls? And i think my last question is from what I read, you only have to use the ZFX for the first coat, unless you apply multiple coats within 24 hours??

Last edited by 97MysticZ; 12-29-2005 at 08:16 PM.