Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Oh Fu**!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oh Fu**!!

Well people, i am beyond pissed right now and also sick as hell. I came home from work early because i am sick today and my girlfriend had a Dr's appt so she leaves and then i get a call from her within minutes saying "I just backed into your car and it is bad!" So i get up and throw on a robe and go upstairs and open the garage and i about died! The whole drivers side front is smashed so hard it literally broke the fender in half! i mean broken from the edge of the hood line straight down to the wheel well. and of course the fender is pushed back into the drivers door! I guess right now besides being beyond pissed, i am wondering what to tell my insurance company?? I mean will they even pay for it? if so then wont my rates go waaaaay up? Oh and the kicker of all this??? Guess what car my girlfriend drives?? MY 95 impalla SS with 34,000 miles on it!!!!!!!! it just "scraped" the paint on its bumper(So she says, I havent seen it yet.). Oh man i am here running a fever of 103.2 and have to even think about this is making me even sicker!! Someone please throw out some input as to what to do! (Besides dump her) :-) All this rambling is about me trying to figure out what the **** to do as far as my insurance goes. HELP!! Say that im just delierious and this is all a bad trip!!
Old 01-03-2006, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

DogNutz has just entered the far edge of the world, known as......the Twilight Zone.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

just tell them it was a hit in run, since ur GF hit it and then left hahaha. then if she is a good gf she will pay ur deductable. if not can her and take ur impala back. simple
Old 01-03-2006, 02:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Keep away from any guns, no suicide attempts!! Just get over being sick then deal with the car. Take one thing at a time and keep cool, you should get some good sex out of this, lol.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:49 PM
Staging Lane

her jaw better be getting sore as we speak.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Launching!

Get well and then deal with it. If it is just the fender it shouldnt be too much to fix yourself (besides painting). Even replacing the bumper isnt much work.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Staging Lane

I am sorry that you have had this happen. I had something similar happen to me in November. I was pulling into a parking lot and a lady backed into me. Damage was to the driver side rear just behind the wheel well. There was $950 in damage, so based on your post your damage sounds more serious.

I don't blame you one bit for how you feel. I was freaking out too. Just sit down and calm down a bit.

Here's what I recommend you do:

You do need to notify your insurance sompany ASAP. Get your girlfriend's insurance info and have it available. You will need to give your insurance company the details of the accident. They will ask when the accident happened, if there were injuries, and if the car can be driven. You need to emphasize to your insurance company that your were not at fault in any way, so that you can avoid the deductible.

In my case my insurance company (USAA) got in touch with the other driver's insurance company and waived the deductible on the damage. Some insurance companies have recommended repair shops with which they will work directly. USAA had one near me - a local chevy dealer. I used them and the operation was relatively painless. I had the car in the shop the next day, a Monday, and the car was fixed by Friday. I had rental insurance, so I had a renter until the car was fixed.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:09 PM
On The Tree

yeah i was thinking about replacing it myself barring any "deep damage" that i cant see cuz im too damn sick to roll around out there. billygraham's site has a fender for 150$$ If its decent quality then i may look that way. I appreciate all the responses so quick guys, i am going to bed as suggested and get well first then worry about this later. goodnight all!
Old 01-03-2006, 03:10 PM
On The Tree

if you have home owners insurance, it should cover it. It shouldn't go up any, but then again... if you don't have any claims on your car insurance policy, it shouldn't go up dramatically either.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Sounds like you both had a rough day. Go easy on her. I'm sure she feels terrible about what happened. Insurance will work it out and unless you're both on the same policy, it won't cost you anything. Her insurance will go up, though.

-Mike
Old 01-03-2006, 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

If you claim it was done in a parking lot and get a police report your insurance should cover it with no fault to you. It will not cause your rates to go up. Watch out for camera's on poles and such.
Old 01-03-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CuNfUzEd
If you claim it was done in a parking lot and get a police report your insurance should cover it with no fault to you. It will not cause your rates to go up. Watch out for camera's on poles and such.
Or just tell the truth. Things tend to work out better in the end that way.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:07 PM
Shirley Temple Drinker

Just tell the truth.
Old 01-03-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PSYKOZ28
you should get some good sex out of this, lol.
My first thought, as well hahahaa.

Anyways, since his girlfriend did it, shouldn't it be HER insurance company paying for it?
Old 01-03-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Resident

Check to see if your insurance company has a buffer before your rates go up. Then call back and say you had it parked on the curb and came out to what it looks like now That can be sticky situation. Good luck whatever you d though.

Bob s.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TroubledWine3
My first thought, as well hahahaa.

Anyways, since his girlfriend did it, shouldn't it be HER insurance company paying for it?
MOST DEFINATELY

Bob S.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

She did it in his car though....
Old 01-03-2006, 05:42 PM
12 Second Club

but SHE did it...
Old 01-03-2006, 05:56 PM
10 Second Club

1. No insurance fraud. Dont lie about it.

2. Check to see if its just cosmetic or if it bent the inner fender, a new fender is cheap. Check around for estimates ask if its just the fender, or if other things are damaged. To me it sounds just like a cracked fender (under $100 unpainted, have it painted for another $2-300).

3. If you dump your girlfriend over this, may I have her number? Girl driving a 95 Impalla SS sounds pretty hot to me.
Old 01-03-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe your are imagining it... a 103 fever will do funny things to you...

But in all seriousness, sorry buddy