Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Doing A Front End Conversion But ......?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 01:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Doing A Front End Conversion But ......?

HI, WAS WONDERING I WOULD LIKE OT GET MY FRONT END CONVERSION ON MY CAR AND PRIMED POSSIBLY, TO WHERE I CAN DRIVER IT UNTIL I GET TIME TO LET IT FREE TO BE PAINTED ( PLUS TIME TO DECIDE ON A COLOR TOO.) WELL I WAS WONDERING THE FRONT END PIECES ALONG WITH THE REST ...WHAT DO I SAND THE PARTS WITH? I WAS ALSO WONDERING DO THEY MAKE A SPRAY CAN PRIMER THAT LOOKS GOOD FOR THE TIME UNTIL I CAN GIVE IT UP FOR PAINTING ( COULD BE WHILE OF DRIVING)....POSSIBLY THE QUICK DRYING SATIN BLACK PAINT ANYHOW I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TYPE OR SAND PAPER ANY PARTICULAR WAY TO SAND THE PARTS AND HOW FAR TILL I PRIME THEM ? DO THEY JUST NEED TO BE SANDED UP GOOD OR DO I NEED TO GO TO THE MATERIAL, URETHANE? WHATEVER THE PARTS ARE MADE OUT OF....ALSO PLAN TO WASH CAR AND FRONT PARTS WITH DISHWASHING LIQUID BEFORE SANDING THEM DOWN ....LET ME KNOW THANKS..............

P.S. I SEE I LEFT THE FREAK'IN CAPS BUTTON ON AGAIN I'M JUST GONING OT RIP IT OFF MY KEYBOARD SO IT CANT BE HIT ANY MORE , IT'S LATE SORRY .....
Old 01-07-2006, 11:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally, I'd recommend waiting until you have the money to paint before you drive it around mismatched. I know you're anxious to switch and see the results, but it just doesn't look right driving around with mismatched parts like that. I did it myself for a week, but that was just because the paint shop said they could take my car one day, and then turned around and said they couldn't take it till later that week. Most parts that you buy (if they're reproduction and brand new, I mean, which you can get pretty cheap off ebay) are going to be ready for paint. If you get parts that are used and already painted, then just sand it down and get as much of the paint off as you can. Again, this is personal opinion, but I would recommend not primering the parts yourself. Paint is a complex system, and you would need to use a primer that will work with the paint the paint shop uses. In the end, while doing some of the work yourself to save money is a good idea, in the long run (IMO atleast) it's better to just let the professionals do what they do best so it's done right and looks great.
Old 01-07-2006, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u got to bubble blast it, i did a conversion and i drove a multi color car for 4 weeks but i got everything primed and painted and the same time professional who cares what others think, people used to ask me if i crash my car, or if i was embarrassed to drive it and my answer was no cause i knew what i got, now once painted people that seen the car before stop me alot cause they're impress with the work done. here take a look and judge by yourself. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2131767/1