Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Grille options

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 11:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grille options

I got an 02 black SS. I have the SLP grille, it's black with red SS letters. It has recently become damaged and I want to replace it. I would prefer to replace it with the same one. Where is a good place to get it, other than from SLP directly? Just based off their 402 block review I don't even want them to get my money directly if I can avoid it.

The other grille I would be interested in is that RKSport one, but not if it has their logo indented. I believe they released some with and without.

To me these are the two cleanest looking ones unless someone has another suggestion. The only suggestion I know would not be interested in is a billet overlay. I want a real replacement.

Thank you.
Old 01-20-2006, 12:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/grilles.html and i saw one on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/98-02...30747218QQrdZ1
Old 01-20-2006, 01:11 AM
TECH Addict

i know you said you dont like billet, but the black 69' SS replica grills would look sick on there. GMMG put them on some of their cars, a company in cali. actually made the grills, they are called stull industries i believe, and then you put the emblem on their yourself. also, i've seen them on ebay a couple times so you might check there if that interests you. go to www.gmmginc.net and click on the intimidator edition SS, that is the grill i'm talkin aboooooot.
Old 01-20-2006, 06:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

what happened to ur other one? can i have it
Old 01-20-2006, 07:00 AM
TECH Resident

www.dgmotorsports.com

Just like the RK Sport grill, but says Camaro instead of RK Sport.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Whoa. I looked at that same ebay auction last night and 112 was a little much and I see it's now over 170! A new one is like 225 though. Dang I had no idea that they were this pricey.

I see the Intimidator grill. I guess I kinda like that except that it still looks like an overlay but blends much better being black. The thing I don't like about'em is you see through them and see another grill piece - something I don't want to cut out.

Then there's that DGM one that says Camaro. I think the one I had originally is the best but if I replace it it's more than 200 dollars and shipping. Maybe if there was one that looked like that, that didn't say Camaro or RKSport. I saw a red one like that on ebay too. I dunno.

And sicv6, the reason I want a new grill is because the one on my car is damaged. So I'm really quite sure you wouldn't want a grill that has a trailer hitch dent in it ...
Old 01-20-2006, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

I actually just noticed that GMMG one the other day, but I couldn't find any place to buy it. GMMG didn't seem to sell them.
I'm in the market for a nice grille too. I'm actually getting an SS hood and stripes put on my car, so I was thinking of trying to make a custom grille because I'd really like one just like the SLP 35th LE grille with the stripes right on it, but a totally different color scheme. Anyone know if anyplace makes a decal to do this?
Old 01-20-2006, 05:46 PM
TECH Addict

goldenbird, stull industries of california made the original grills for GMMG. then you'll have to check with any muscle car restoration store for the badges ( year one you might check out! ) call stull industries and they will help you out, and i think sometimes you can buy those types of grills on ebay ??
Old 02-25-2006, 02:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks. I checked out their site and in the PDF file catalogue they show an aluminum billet for the Camaro but thats all I can find. Don't know if they stopped making the GMMG one or it was just really limited, or if that's the same one and they painted it black for the Intimidator SS and whatnot. Any idea?
Old 02-25-2006, 03:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

shoot ill take anything for free, anyways u can take a dgm or rksport grille, and have the letters filled in so it would be smooth, thats an option

Quick Reply: Grille options