Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Need Advice, previous owner ruined my paint!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 11:01 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice, previous owner ruined my paint!!!!

Well I took my car to the carwash and noticed under the bright light, there are micro scratches all over my black paint. Damn, it irratates me.....someone must have tried to buff it themselves. All I know, is I want to get rid of it!
What you guys think??? Think a body shop can buff it out and detail it? or am I just screwed and going to need new paint?
I hope I wont need new paint, dont have the money for all that. What would it cost, about $3,000?-Thanks guys!
Old 01-21-2006, 11:24 PM
TECH Addict

Choose a good scratch remover and go to town on detailing, but you should have seen this before you purchased the car? Shouldn't have to repaint just because of that.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:30 PM
TECH Addict

It's hard to say exactly without being able to see it, but if they're just swirls, etc., the majority should be able to be buffed out.

A good paint polish with an orbital or rotary buffer is the best way to approach it.

Once the defects are removed, you'll have to use good supplies and techniques to maintain the finish.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:43 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys, I wish I would have noticed it before I bought it. But, I'm stationed in WA state and the sun never shines here. I wish I could have noticed the scratches.....you can really only notice it under bright light. Hopefully a good detail will solve the problem.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:32 AM
TECH Regular

I had the same problem... then i got the Porter cable and all the buffing pads, went to town, and it came out PERFECT!!!
Old 01-22-2006, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

clay it, buff it with a DA and a good swirl remover, then Zaino it, and you will love the results. If you don't know how to use the DA, find someone that does to help you, or hire a reputable, well known, recommended Detailer, and have them do it for you.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

It's black. It'll never NOT have swirls. Layer up some carnuba wax and just don't look at it in direct light. LOL

Quick Reply: Need Advice, previous owner ruined my paint!!!!